༻For old times' sake༺

Soon after, we were already sitting on a soft rug in the west wing, having lunch. In those minutes all three gateways of the rotunda were reflecting the various constellations of the night sky, creating a very pleasant atmosphere around us.

"In Norway?" I asked back in surprise after Stephen told me why the God of Thunder visited the New York Sanctum. During the conversation we talked about Odin, Thor and his brother, Loki as well, but as soon as we finished our lunch we went silent for a while.

"I like when the moonlight is shining on your silver grey hair..." Stephen stated almost in a whisper as he brushed my hair aside. I have never heard of any beautiful compliment from him, so I was very surprised by his statement and I instantly smiled at him. "I know that I have never asked before, but... What happened to your face?" he asked my with curiosity. It is true, I never told Stephen what happened to me a year and a half ago, so finally the time has come to reveal my past, especially its most essential moments. "If you don't want to talk about it, then I'm not gonna forc-"

"But I want to! I want you to know about the shadows of my past..." I protested, then finally I began my story. I told him about my father and the tragic accident, later about my return to Nepal and my success on Everest, and soon we started to talk about my failed movie career. "We were supposed to start the shooting the last season on that September, but because of my accident I had to say goodbye to the role." I said, while the memories revived in me. The BBC asked me to play a role in the fourth season of one of their most successful television series and to become the sister of a famous detective. Of course, I accepted the request without hesitation, because I was a big fan of the series. I was incredibly excited about the shooting, especially because I would have worked with great actors.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." he expressed his sympathy.

"The only thing I'm truly sorry for is that I lost my chance to work with Benedict Cumberbatch, because one of my old dreams would have come true..."

"Who the hell is that?" he asked without hesitation, showing some jealousy.

"An extremely charming and intelligent British actor. He was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II." I answered, while I didn't take my eyes off Stephen, since I wanted to see his reaction. "And just so you know, you look very much like him..." I added, then I started to talk about how the period of my life after the accident passed. "As soon as I realized that my scars will never disappear my soul shattered and I did not leave my home for long months. Each night I fell asleep with the hope that maybe I was only dreaming, but each morning I had to realize that this is the reality. It took time, but finally I accepted my fate..." I told him, then I went silent for a moment. "If I wasn't in Kamar Taj now, then probably I would sit at my desk, writing a book."

"Writing a book?" Stephen looked at me with astonishment in his eyes. "Where did this idea come from?"

"My mother illustrates children's books since I was a child, and I love to write my thoughts down on paper. I think I'd be an excellent writer."

"And what would you write about?"

"I don't know..." I admitted, thinking about the answer. "Perhaps about a mysterious and handsome sorcerer who used to be a neurosurgeon, but nowadays he lives in a mystic sanctum with a stubborn levitating cloak and a disobedient British student? I bet it would be a bestseller..." I joked and with that we both started laughing, then as soon as the laughter was over Stephen turned the words serious again.

"Would you allow me to see what did you look like before?" he asked me. I did not want to keep secrets from him so I replied with a confident nod. As Stephen's hand gently touched my face I could sense the magic in my entire body and as he looked deep into my eyes my heart started pounding insanely. "Give me your hand!" he broke the silence. Although, I didn't know what he was about to do, but I put my hand into his without hesitation, then he carefully placed it on the right side of my face. As my fingertips touched my skin I instantly realized that my rough scars are gone. My skin was as soft, silky and flawless as before the tragedy.