Chapter 1: childhood

Y/n walked through the city with a book in their hands while following a group of 3 boys as they basically dragged them through the streets like they always did every summer

"Come on Y/n! Get out of the books for once!" Kazuki, a blonde haired boy said as he grinned down at them slightly while holding a flag on his shoulders.
Y/n's cheeks slightly heat up and they rolled their eyes "yeah yeah give me a minute" they looked back down at the page.

"You have all school year nerd" shoya, a black messy haired kid shouted out before grabbing the books from their palms "what are you reading anyways" he looked at the title seeing (title of favorite book) "ugh boringgggg" he tossed it but y/n caught it. Being used to this already they glared "hey carful! At least I know how to read!"

Kazuki and keisuke bursted out laughing and shoya went red in embarrassment before glaring "whatever let's just get to the bridge already" he grumbled as he crossed the street full of people. Kazuki smirked "nice"

Y/n skipped through the street in victory before stopping seeing Miki and Ueno, two of the schoolmates.

She waved at them and they waved back "hey!!" Miki shouted and gave them a hug before Ueno walked over "hey losers" she grinned and shoya rolled his eyes "ew girls!"

Y/n glared "immature"

Ueno giggled "whatever! See ya!" Miki and Ueno walked to the other side of the street

(Time skip)

Shoya dropped his bag of comics on the floor "alright guys let's get to this!" He grinned and y/n pulled their knitted lavender sweater off not wanting it to get wet "alright alright"

Keisuke grinned putting his bag of snacks down "heck yeah!"
Kazuki put his flag down "ready when you are" he chuckled

All four looked at the water before looking at each other and walking away from it.

The four of them raced back to the ledge and jumped off splashing into the cold river water.

(Time skip)

The four headed to a barber shop pushing the door open

"Hey mom!" Shoya waved at his mom "we're home"

Mrs.Ashida looked over "oh hey guys! There's cake in the fridge"

Y/n cracked their knuckles "alright!" They ran to the kitchen with kazuki while shoya and keisuke went upstairs to get the games ready.

A few minutes later y/n and kazuki finished half the cake and half a gallon of milk but with full stomachs they walked upstairs. Y/n grinned at kazuki "that was delicious!"
Kazuki chuckled "heck yeah it was"

Both walked in seeing the other two boys already playing video games. Kazuki grabbed a comic book and hopped on shoyas rolling chair starting to read it. Y/n sat on the floor next to the bed chilling and playing on her/his gameboy.

(Time skip numbEr 3-)

"Y/n! Come on it's time to head home!"

Y/n heard her/his mom and stood up "see ya lamers later!" She grabbed a bag of chips and a kool aid pack shoving them into their small bag. They waved and shoya waved back. Keisuke nodded too focused on the screen infront of him like always.

Kazuki smiled "yeah later y/n!" He waved and y/n blushed then walked out.

Saying goodbye to the ashida family after, she followed her mother home

"Make sure to go to bed early hun, schools tomorrow remember?"

Y/n groaned "yeah yeah" she/he grinned "I can't wait to see my friends!" They giggled and skipped next to her mom as they headed home holding hands.

——
A/n: for those who are new I have a shoya x reader if you guys like him more lol. Enjoy your reading! ✨