. 𝟎𝟎𝟏.

warning ; swearing

°            .         °             •           '           .         °          •         '

                                                                                               ☆

tap tap tap

The number was muscle memory at this point. Why the girl didn't just click the contact with her sisters smiling face - accompanied by a middle finger - was a mystery to others. Dakota defended it as a matter of memory. If you remembered someone's number, it meant you cared more about them. Perhaps that was why she could remember the number to her favourite take out joint, but not the number for her landlord.

Once the number was in, Dakota threw it down on the table for it to ring while she turned away and started to clean up around her gaming desk. Discarded Pepsi bottles were the main cause of clutter, having piled up a little more then she would have liked. The other litter perpetrator was a collection of monster energy drink cans that were stacked according to colour to the side of her left monitor. Dakota had seen the Tik Tok of the fake gun made of Monster cans and was striving towards making one. She was only a few cans short of it at this point. Made of the pink cans, obviously, that was the best flavour there was. Dakota picked out a white can, and a black and green can, separating them from their pink companions and throwing them into the bin by her desk. No use keeping cans she wasn't going to use!

" The number you have dialled cannot return your call, leave a message after the tone " typical, Dakota supposed. Tulia never picked up her phone, she wasn't even sure why she bothered trying to call her sister anymore. Dakota assumed it was her need to hear another's voice. Texts could hide things, voices were much easier to decode. She was good at picking up on little things hidden in voices, it made her a good person to talk to when someone was feeling down. The beep sounded, and as Dakota continued to tidy her desk, she spoke adamantly in the phones general direction.

"Honestly Tuls, pick up the phone for once in your life, please" were her first words, accompanied by the clatter of throwing the jacket that was hung on the back of her office chair, over her chest of drawers. "It's not that hard girl, anyways, we have to talk about what we're gonna do for your 300k because that's coming up right? imagine if you hit it on our birthday, coincidence, I think not!" Dakota giggled at her own dumb reference, and stacked up some Pepsi bottles in her arms, carrying them to the bin, then dumping them. Resulting in the battering of bottles, and crinkling of the plastic bag. " we could do a speedrunners video maybe? or a hardcore world? they've been more popular lately I think? or bedwars! " her expression lifted at the idea, " I'd smoke you at that, you wouldn't stand a chance " the laughter continued as Dakota, now satisfied that she had tidied up her workspace well enough, slid back into her chair and rested her elbows on the desk, holding her head up. Her eyes trailed up the wall as she spoke, following the small cracks in the paint to occupy her gaze.

 " oh! we could do a tournament! you, me, Jas, Iz, Eugene and a few others if we can snag 'em, I've got some money for a cash prize if we want to do that? " the one-sided conversation wasn't out of the usual for Dakota Ivan, even when on her own, without her phone beside her, she chatted to herself. Well, perhaps less chatted and more mused her thoughts aloud, much to the annoyance of others in the vicinity of the brown-haired girl.

" If you don't wanna do Minecraft, we could do a couple games of jackbox - invite fans to play along maybe ? that'd be interesting " the woman clicked her nails on the desk in a rhythmic pattern and scrunched up her eyebrows as she realised the cut off for the message would be soon.