Waterfall altercation

Ghostface POV

     (Y/N) sat there and ate the food I brought, I turned so my back was facing her and hesitantly brought my mask up just above my mouth and nibbled on my food here and there.. I wasn't really hungry, my appetite was ruined by the whole escapade Frank pulled. I wonder if anyone heard.. hmmm, I need to come up with a plan to figure that out later.. my main concern right now is making sure Frank can keep his mouth shut.

    I sighed and slipped my mask back on. "I'm going out. Stay put and stay quiet. You were lucky with Frank, if it was anyone else they would've made a mess of you before you could've made a peep, I'll be back in a little, I just need to sort some things out. Why don't you rest or something, if you get bored and can't sleep I have a couple books in my bag." I looked at her intently trying to read her body language. Her eyes seemed to slightly dull a bit and her shoulders dropped down and became a little sluggish, "okay." She said simply. Most people wouldn't have noticed, but I've became almost an expert at reading people through my stalking. She obviously seemed sort of bummed.. I sighed upon this, "I'll be back later before you know it, okay? You'll be fine. I just need to talk to Frank and I'll come right back." I commented as I got up and walked over to unzip the tent. I could feel her eyes follow my figure as my back was turned, I swiftly turned my head towards her and muttered a quick goodbye which was returned, I unzipped the tent and stepped out, I then zipped up it up behind me.

    Alright, let's get this done and over with. I told myself and quietly slipped off into the darkness undetected, making my way towards the river. I came across the bridge and took a sharp right, walking along the path near the rapids below. After sometime I made it to the waterfall, a figure greeted my arrival. Knowing it was Frank I approached it. "Dude, we need to talk this over." My mind was already racing with plans on what I was going to say, carefully playing out possible scenarios and ruling out which one would be best. Frank was leaning against the rock fiddling with his knife. He scoffed, "Yeah we do, what's up with (Y/N)?"

   He was looking down in the reflection at himself in the knifes blade now. I looked down as well and fiddled with my hood a bit before answering. let's just be honest and see how this plays out. I said to myself as I looked up at the male in front of me, "Well.. I was near the river and heard a survivor, obviously I was curious because no other survivor would even dare step more then 10 feet in the woods, so.. I watched from the trees, and noticed it was (Y/N)." Frank's head snapped up at the last comment, my mind started racing as I corrected myself. "I mean, I noticed it was a new survivor, and figured it was (Y/N) from what you've told me, you know, her being odd and stuff."    

    I could feel Frank's eyes burn a hole through my mask. "Okay whatever, that doesn't explain why she's injured and bedridden in your tent." I kept watching him, reading his demeanor. "Well then I started sprinting at her, I just wanted to scare the girl for coming on our side, that's all. I don't know what I was thinking honestly." I lied, it slipped out and I couldn't help myself out of habit, I couldn't let Frank knew I was partially interested in her, I wanted to test out how odd she was since Frank was talking about it so much, I wanted to see how'd she react, and boy oh boy she's an odd one alright.

     I continued, "She turned around and straight up jumped in the river and almost drowned, i felt bad and uh.. saved her? She got injured in the process so uhm... yeah." I kept my eyes on Frank, he put his knife in his pocket and stared at me. "And did you really think all of that was a smart plan? Cmon dude are you kidding me? I know for a fact you wouldn't act so impulsively and dumb, what's going on? Don't you dare lie to me." I hated those words coming out of Frank's mouth, Frank and I have become good friends over some time and unfortunately he could read me pretty well too.

    I sighed, "I was just interested, okay? You know how I am, I was curious. I'm letting her recover and I'll take her back, I promise." I was hoping these words would calm Frank's growing temper but it was only escalating it, why was he so upset about this topic? "Yeah you're going to take her back and then what? Everything's going to go back to normal like it didn't happen? Are YOU going to go back to normal?" Frank stopped leaning against the rock upon saying this and took a couple steps in my direction. "You've become distant ever since this (Y/N) bullshit, you've been sucking complete ass in your trials from what I've heard. Is she really occupying your mind that much? You can't start this stalking and obsessive shit again man, you really can't. You know how unhealthy it gets for you."

     I knew Frank genuinely cared for my well being, if he wanted to admit it or not. We were good friend after all and I'd do the same for him. "Look man, I'm not getting obsessive. She just peaked my curiosity, that's all. I can promise you by the time she's mostly recovered I'll return her and everything will go back to normal. Okay?" After those words left my mouth Frank sighed. "Okay, I believe you. And no I won't be talking about this to anyone, but you better keep your word." He started walking and passed me, he stopped for a second and turned his head to look back at me. I nodded my head, "deal." He returned the nod silently and continued back to walking, disappearing in the forest after awhile. I stood there for a little and stared at the waterfall,  I sighed and started my way back to the tent while going over things in my mind. I need to figure this out..

{Heyyy!! I know I've been gone for awhile, I've been super busy handling life things and I sincerely apologize, over time I've been getting comments and more reads then I ever thought I would've gotten, and I truly appreciate it with my whole heart. I miss writing this story and working on how It'll turn out, so I really want to get back into it!! :) I'm super excited about working on new chapters!!
Have a good day/night!! :P
My apologies for any spelling/grammar errors}