Chapter One

It was after a long day of hero work, after
Kagome Shinjitsu had messed up. Badly. An aspiring, 20 year old graduate from a small school, who had worked her way through the immediate fame and prowess of U.A's and Shiketsu's students, and suddenly, she wasn't so aspiring anymore.

She had a useful quirk, of the name energy solidification. She could turn potential or kinetic energy into a flexible but strong force field, and in close range battle, she automatically had more power. The problem with her quirk was two things. The more concentrated the energy in her quirk was, the hotter it could get. If she used a knife punch, and used that kinetic energy to punch something, there's a good chance there would be some steam rising from it.

Tragedy was to be expected from the girl, who was a hero because she wanted to keep people safe. The problem was that Kagome had absolutely no sense of self-preservation. Omce she got going, she got going, and especially when it came to saving lives.

No one could've expected that building to crash down the way it did. There was only one hero, Joule (a unit that measures energy), in the vicinity. Kagome was Joule, of course. She did her best to destroy the debris on top of people, and called for backup, and escorted them out of the building. There were some people that hadn't been too injured, who gathered inside the building. "Ladies and Gents, there's a chance that the building may still be unstable, so please begin to calmly, quickly leave the building through the b— GET DOWN!" Joule commanded, and solidified the potential energy of some more debris falling from the ceiling.

More pieces of the building began to fall, and Kagome was now sweating with the effort, of holding up the entire building so that the hopefully-soon-to-be-evacuees wouldn't get crushed. "S-someone, contact the authorities. Heroes, Ground Zero," Joule spared a glance at the back entrance which was the only open escape route.

"Mommy, it's so warm," a little girl complained to her mother. Joule needed to worry more about spreading her maximum energy thick enough that it wouldn't allow any debris to fall, through, but in the process, Kagome's systems were overworking, the room over heating, and the situation getting more out of control than she had expected.

"Hey, little girl," Kagome called out, shaky from holding the entire building, flashing the girl a smile. "It'll be colder, soon, okay? Promise~!"

But by the time the heroes got there, Kagome was trembling with exhaustion, and there had been several more significant rocks falling. She couldn't hold on much longer. She was getting dizzy from the heat in her head from the concentration of holding it up, none of the civilians had quirks that could help them, and Kagome was at the end of it. All the while, she did her best to keep the heat away from the people as well, internalizing it. She was standing purely on will power, by the time Ground Zero blasted a precise hole into the wall.

"JOULE!" They worked at the same company, and Kagome had never been more thankful to see Katsuki Bakugo of all people. "You called for-...don't fucking move. ALRIGHT PEOPLE, MOVE IT OUT, MOVE IT OUT," Katsuki directed the people out. Some, with some heatstroke, were evacuated immediately. There were about twenty people left when Kagome felt a shudder go through her. The rest of the building above her was going to collapse. "HURRY IT UP, COME ON, COME ON." The little girl waved Kagome good bye. Two other people left with the girl, when the rocks finally cracked Kagome's force field.

"NO!" She yelled out, feverishly, redirecting her efforts into exhaustedly making a clearcut pathway so more people could get out, but with the rocks falling faster and faster overhead, Kagome couldn't hold it up. The rocks fell over her and thirteen civilians, ten who were now injured, and three who never made it out. Kagome never saw who made it out, having collapsed into exhaustion herself.