"I could do it-" I reach for it, "I can just reschedule with Jace- I know he'll understand-"

"No, no, no- I got it covered." Luke pulled it back, knowing I was using this as an excuse to get out of this because of how nervous I was, "You go."

Luke lightly nudges me, as I sigh quietly, giving him a small smile, "Have fun."

-

"Jace-" I looked around, my eyes slightly wide when we walked into the restaurants, "This place is really nice- how did you hear about it?"

"Oh, you know." Jace's words made me purse my lips to not start laughing, "I hear things."

A waitress came over to us, "What's the name of the reservation?-"

"The what?" Jace's expression dropped almost immediately, "The reservation?"

I placed a hand on his arm to calm him from his panic, "Do we need one?-"

"I could squeeze you both in at a communal table." She suggests, "If you're okay with that?"

"Um- I don't know, what do you think?" Jace looks at me, caught off guard, "I mean, we can go somewhere else-"

"No, it's alright- we'll do the communal table." I rubbed his arm, softly smiling at the waitress as she nods and starts leading us through the restaurant.

"Little tip about the mundane world," I whispered into Jace's ear as we walked, "You call, make the reservation, then come to dinner."

Jace exhales slow, trying to ease his embarrassment, "Noted-"

When the waitress brought us to our table, Jace and I stopped when we saw Simon and Maia at the table, Simon noticing us right away, "Zee?-"

I swallow hard, "Hey-"

-

"You called Simon for dating advice?-" I gaped at Jace, leaning back in my seat, my arms crossed.

Jace corrects me, shaking his head, "No, I called Simon for restaurant advice."

"Had he called me for dating advice, I would have advised against this situation-" Simon gestured.

"You couldn't have called- I don't know, Izzy?" I shot Jace a look, "You know- my parabatai?"

"You don't think I did?" Jace gapes at me, "She told me that she wasn't an expert on the subject- I tried Alec, but- he didn't answer the phone-"

"Okay, not a problem." Maia cuts in, "You guys just- do your own thing- ignore us. There's no reason this has to be weird."

When we all agreed, Jace looked at me from the menu, "Uh- do you want to split an appetizer?"

"Yeah, alright-" I held my menu, "You choose-"

"Okay- uh, can't go wrong with oysters, right?" Jace began, but then immediately corrected himself, his eyes wide, "Wrong- you hate seafood-"

I stammer, "Uhm-"

"Flatbread?-" Jace looked down at the menu, then back up at me, "I- no, okay-"

Simon suddenly quietly whispers to Jace, pretending to be slick, scratching his head, "Burrata salad-"

"Burrata salad!" Jace blurts, clearing his throat, giving me his best smile, "Let's do a burrata salad."

I looked between the both of them, "Am I just supposed to pretend that I didn't see that?"

"Alright-" Maia sits up, her words making us all sigh and agree immediately, "Who's up for cocktails?"

-