They had all listened to Roy. 

The second largest, second eldest Koopaling, had turned them all against him. 

Ludwig growled in anger, standing up and pacing. 

Roy had come into his room and asked him some questions. 

He should have found this suspicious, seeing as how the second largest Koopaling had been demanding answers, and he had lied with ease. 

He should have been more careful about what he said and did, and then maybe Roy wouldn’t have suspected him. 

Ludwig glared at the cell bars. 

He had to get out of there. 

If he didn’t, then he would get executed, and he didn’t want to give Roy the satisfaction of doing ‘the right thing’. 

Roy had the tendency to brag when he was right, and he would surely do so after telling Bowser who the murderer was. 

He had to get away from Dark Land, if only for a few days, just until things cooled down. He had to go somewhere where he wouldn’t be able to hurt anyone, allow him some time to figure out how to get rid of his Kooky side. He didn’t even know WHY his Kooky side had returned, or why it was making him murder innocent guards. 

There was one thing he was certain of, though.

He needed to erase the evidence that he had left in his lab. AND he needed to get his journal, that way there was nothing pointing against him. 

All he needed was time. 

He needed enough time to deal with his Kooky side, to get rid of it once and for all. 

If he had to do it alone, then he would. 

The oldest Koopaling walked over to the cell bars, grabbing hold of two of them and closing his eyes, concentrating as hard as he could. 

The cell bars were fireproof, so he couldn’t be able to melt them with fire. 

He didn’t have his wand, and he had never used any magic without it before, so this was more like a first time experience for him. 

As he concentrated as hard as he could, he could feel some zaps of electricity travelling all over his body, travelling down his arms to his hands as his grip tightened around two of the bars. 

With all of his strength, Ludwig managed to bend the bars, allowing a gap big enough for him to fit through. 

The adrenaline rush from bending the two bars wore off, causing him to hang his head and breath hard, relaxing for a minute. 

That was the first, and probably last time he would use magic without his wand. He had been meaning to start learning, and it was a difficult thing to master. Not even Kamek and Kammy know how to use magic without a wand, and they were both older and much more wiser in Koopa Magic than he was. 

The spell he had used allowed him to have extra strength, only lasting for as long as he needed, which had only been a few seconds. 

He wasn’t as strong as Roy and Morton, the two largest Koopalings being stronger physically, but he was stronger when it came to using magic. 

He managed to catch his breath after a moment, regaining his strength and energy. 

He stepped out of the cell, clutching his head as he felt a small headache. 

He shook his head, the headache going away as he quickly ran over to the large metal door that separated the prison from the castle. 

He checked it over, knowing that there had to be a way to unlock it from his side.