2

Dream danced through the kitchen, George sitting on the bar stool and watching quietly. He let out a couple of cute giggles now and then when Dream did a fancy spin or began swaying along to the music that was blasting from a speaker.

George yawned, watching as Dream continued to make the French toast. He started heating the pan up after putting down the butter, placing down the bread onto the pan carefully as he hummed along to the music. "Be careful, Dream. You could get hurt." He said while Dream slid around the kitchen, banging his hands on the counter to a Dayglow song.

"Aw, c'mon Georgie. It's fun!" He said. Chuckling. George rolled his eyes, but a smile appeared on his face anyways. His dimples shown as he smiled, trying to cover it with his hand. Dream laughed, dancing around the bar and grabbing George's hands suddenly. "Dance with me George." He said, giving George a playful wink that made George's skin break out into a blush.

"C-clay!" He stuttered as Dream wrapped his hands around George's waist. Dream rolled his eyes as George called him 'clay', not used to the boy not calling him by his nickname. He spun George around slightly to the song, George raising his hands to cling onto Dreams shoulders. They both swayed slightly, Dream laughing and George trying not to make eye contact with the taller man. The song smoothed out into something softer as the chorus finished, causing Dream to settle slightly and nestle his head on top of George's. George seemed to feel the calmness of the moment and let his cold exterior melt, letting himself nestle into Dream. The blond sighed softly, wanting nothing more than to sweep George off his feet and kiss his soft looking lips then and there.

If anyone walked in and saw them dancing like this, they'd say they looked like a couple with this kind of intimacy. And maybe that's both what they secretly wanted, but the words went unspoken as the song changed and they continued to dance.

At some point, Clay set George down, hearing the loud sizzling of the toast on the pan over the music. "Shit!" He yelled, George just standing in shock. Clay turned quickly, hitting the pan as he turned, which only made him panic more. He watched as the contents inside flew at him, hitting his arm and face. He let out a shriek, shaking his arms and face quickly to get the substance in the pan off of him. He felt his skin begin to burn as he quickly rushed to grab a paper towel.

George was already by him, jumping slightly on his heels as he panicked. "Dream! A-are you okay?" He yelled, rushing away to the fridge before Dream could reply. Dream grabbed a paper towel, pushing it to his skin. He winced, the burning sensation on his skin growing worse as he pressed down the napkin.

George soon returned, handing Dream an ice pack. "Here." He sighed, taking the paper towel away and watching Dream press The ice pack to his skin. He hissed in pain, but it soon turned to pleasure as the ice cooled down his skin. George bent down, picking up the French toast that was now on the floor. And was completely burned.

He threw away the toast, seeing as it had been on the floor and that it was burnt to a crisp thanks to Dream not paying attention. He turned around to Dream when he finished, seeing the boy staring down at the floor in what looked to be embarrassment. George giggled, strutting over to the taller boy and placing his hands on his hips. "I told you to be careful." Silence. "Shut up." The green eyed man mumbled, and George just chuckled.

He looked at Dreams skin, slowly lifting the ice pack. He frowned at how red and agitated his skin looked. He noticed how the burns ran up his upper arm to some red splotches on his collarbone and cheek. George sighed, looking at Dream with slight pity. "C'mere." The boy said, pulling the taller boy closer. Dream stayed silent, watching George's actions carefully. Dream always looked at George like he was the most fragile thing on earth. That if he touched the brown haired boy, he'd crumble in his arms. He was so gentle with George, but never seemed to be gentle with himself.

George raised the boys arm, laying soft kisses across his arm where the burns were and moved to his collar bone, placing a soft, and oddly lingering kiss there before leaving a chaste kiss to Clays cheek. Clay shuttered, surprised that George's kisses didn't agitate his skin. He pulled away from the boy, smiling and blushing slightly. "Better?" He murmured, fidgeting with his hands.

Dream only stared at George more, but this time with a light and pretty tint of pink across his cheeks. "Mhm." He said. "Thank you."

George just hummed, grabbing a couple more pieces of bread and setting the pan to try and make another batch of French toast. He hummed along to the now much quieter music playing from Dreams speakers. Dream slowly approached from behind the shorter, the brunette not thinking much of it till Dream wrapped his arms around George's waist. George jumped at the contact, pausing as Dream pressed his body up against his and rested his head on top of George's.

Okay. Now they really looked like a couple. George leaned into the contact, letting out a comfortable sigh. "You're warm." George stated carefully, spinning around to face Dream. Dream chuckled. "I know." He hummed, watching George lift his burned arm and place light kisses across it. "You already made the pain stop, Georgie." He teased, but made no effort to pull away from the brunette. "I'm just taking extra measures." "Whatever you say, nerd. Now make us some French toast since I'm clearly unqualified." George giggled, turned around and focusing on the toast. But he couldn't help the fact that his mind began to drift off when Dream leaned back into him. 

——

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention! This story is (mostly) all fluff :) so if you like the fluffy shit then you've come to the right place