• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭-𝐒𝐨-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 •

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Hey Zonnie"

Zonnique grinned "aye Ti, why you goin' so damn fast? Yo' ass actin' like we finna get bombed or sumn, everythin' good?"

"Nah, I'm fine, just... stressed and allat, ya know?"

"I get it" she said with a shrug, walking beside her "yo' future baby daddy goes here now, so you wanna impress him and stuff"

Tahiry groaned "I'm gettin' sick of y'all actin' like I wanna get with Huey, I just respect him and stuff, it feels real condescending..."

"Sounds like denial, but anyway, you heard? Apparently an opp was spotted at lunch"

Tahiry turned to face Zonnique, her eyes lighting with sudden interest "an... opp?"

Zonnique stretched "yeah, some bum Downsent Middle School kid was spotted, errybody saw the uniform and what not"

The darker girl frowned, before exhaling heavily. The last time Downsent came to Tigerlily, shots were fired. Granted, they were all either BB Guns or water guns filled with sticky liquid, but still. Downsent and Tigerlily have had been beefing since forever, no one even knows why, they just do.

"Well, hopefully nothing comes from it, I ain't gon' wanna have to wash sticky juice from my hair again" she simply said, causing Zonnique to laugh. The two continued to talk, before finally reaching the girls' dressing room. Tahiry placed her bag down and immediately began undressing, as she changed into her gym clothes, she began listening in on conversations happening around her. Suddenly, she heard a name she recognized.

"Girl, I think his name Huey, the one with the 'fro?"

"Yes- lawd... he's already cute, what's he gon' look like when puberty really hits?"

"He gon' be like Dousey, just fine"

Tahiry rolled her eyes, to her Dousey wasn't that cute, he was only lightskin with green eyes, as for them mentioning Huey she... didn't care. She probably should have, but Huey wasn't her boyfriend, and she didn't have any romantic feelings towards him, so as far as she was concerned, these girls could swoon all they wanted.

"Poor Lakiesha, you know Kiren done played her like a fiddle"

Tahiry heard the other girl scoff "nah, she stupid, fuck is you givin yo' virginity to a bum like Kiren? Bro can't pick a race and you expect him to pick one girl?"

Okay, that was pretty funny.

"On God I think Tahiry is the only girl Kiren respects, and he ain't even tried to shoot his shot yet"

"Word! Maybe he testin' the waters, like, sampling other females first"

"Nah, she ain't seem like his type"

"Girl you right, she's so pretty though, she deserves better"

As she put in her shirt, Tahiry put a hand to her cheek, aw, they thought she was pretty? Well, that certainly felt nice to hear, especially after the complaining streak she was on today.

"I wanna see her and the new boy together, apparently they friends, and they both cute"

"Nah, you know that kid Cairo?"

"Ew! ain't he a first year? Ma that's gross, we basically high schoolers"

"Damn, I'm just playin' man! and nah he in our year"

"Yet he trynna get with Tahiry's sister, a first year? Ghetto, mad ghetto"

Before the girls could even finish, their gym teacher had ushered them all outside, giving Tahiry the time to think over what was said. Cairo wasn't really trying to get with Deja? Sure he was a little possessive, but it never looked or seemed romantic, if anything it was as if he didn't want his best friend to leave and or abandon him.