#11 - The hidden gift

Start from the beginning

"Hyung, you left your phone outside and you have a call."

"Oh, who is it?" I hear Yoongi's voice.

"Just talk and you'll find out." I can tell Namjoon's smiling as he hands Yoongi his phone.

"Okay?" Yoongi sounds confused, and then I hear the door close as Namjoon's walked out of his studio. "Hello?"

"Hi."

He becomes quiet as I'm guessing he's recognised my voice. He takes a deep breath in. "So you did look under the earrings."

"Yeah, didn't expect to see what I saw."

"Bet you weren't." His voice sounds unenthusiastic. "I'm surprised you actually called."

"Why?"

"Thought you would've been texting the guy from the restaurant."

Huh? The guy from the restaurant...Luhan? Why would I be messaging him, he didn't exactly give me his number.

"You mean Luhan?"

"Oh, he told you his name? Of course he did." He chuckles.

"Why would I be texting Luhan?"

"It was just a thought, you both seemed to have been into eachother." He simply replies.

Well that's weird. Why would he assume that I would be talking to the random waiter at a restaurant? I barely even know Luhan properly. Unless...

I gasp. "Are you...jealous?"

He scoffs. "What?"

I then begin to laugh. "That's why you were acting weird at the restaurant!"

"I was not acting weird."

"Yes you were!"

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't!"

"Then what put you in a mood?"

"Nothing, I was fine!" He defends himself and then sighs. "Yeonie, why the hell would I be jealous?"

"Because I was talking to Luhan right in front of your little eyes." I say as it starts to make sense. "Which by the way was only about what food I wanted."

"Yes I know, I was there. And I'm not jealous, okay?"

"Why did you think I was texting Luhan then?"

"I saw the look you were giving him, you were practically drooling."

"What? I barely looked at the guy! Anyway how would you know if I was staring at him? Unless you were staring at me to see if I was staring at Luhan and when you saw me give a little glance you got annoyed, hence the reason why you were in a mood throughout the entire time we were at the restaurant. Correct?"

My little theory has left him speechless and I burst out laughing, a little too loudly and I slam my hand on my mouth. The girls have probably gone to sleep now, and I might have just woken them up.

"Shouldn't you be asleep? It's a school night."

I gasp and now it's his turn to laugh. "I'll have you know I graduated a month ago!"

"Oh, you did? Congrats."

"Thanks."

"But why are you still awake? It's late."

"I should be asking you this. Jin said you've been in your studio ever since you got back from the shopping centre. You should get some rest, not me."

He sighs. "I'm in here everyday, sometimes a little later then planned. But trust the process. Anyway how about we just both go to sleep now, deal?"

"You promise you'll actually sleep and not lie and carry on working in your studio?"

He laughs. "That was precise but yes, I promise."

I smile. "Good! Goodnight Yoongi."

"Goodnight Yeonie." He says in a hushed tone, before hanging up the call.

I add his number to my contacts, naming him as 'Y' just in case Dea, Songmin or Hayoon sees. I place my phone on my nightstand and as promised, I go to sleep.