#11 - The hidden gift

Start from the beginning

No, he couldn't have. Why would he expose his phone number to me so casually? That's a very risky thing to do considering who he is.

It has to be a phone number though. Maybe the note was already in the box? But it couldn't have been, because he specifically wanted me to find this note. Meaning that it is his number.

Should I call the number? What if he picks up but is still in a mood? He wouldn't want to talk then, and it'll become awkward.

Maybe it's one of the boy's numbers, like Jin or something. But then why would Yoongi give me this and put someone else's number inside?

I make up the decision in my mind and decide to call the number. I type the numbers into the dial and press call, raising the phone up to my ear. I get a nervous feeling in the pit of the stomach whilst waiting for someone to pick up.

After ringing for a few seconds I slowly lose more and more hope that he'll pick up.

He's probably really busy, or he's still out. I wouldn't want to interrupt anything he's doing if that's the case. I sigh and lower my phone from my ear, about to press the decline button.

"HELLO?"

The loud voice blaring from my phone makes me jump. I quickly lift it back up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"JIYEON?!"

"Uh, yeah...who's this?"

Whoever it is gasps loudly. "I told you she'd call hyung, I knew it!" He yells excitedly to someone. "It's me Taehyung! You might know me better as V."

Ah, Taehyung! So it was Yoongi's number after all. Or...Taehyung's number?

"Oh, hey Taehyung. Is this your number?"

"No it's Yoongi hyungs, I kinda stole his phone." He giggles.

I can't help but laugh. "Does he know you've taken it?"

"TAEHYUNG, GIVE ME THE PHONE!"

Taehyung gasps with panic. "Crap." He squeaks.

I hear him panting and laughing, it sounds like he's running from someone. Taehyung's voice then becomes muffled and another voice comes out of the phone.

"Hey Jiyeon, it's Namjoon. Sorry about Taehyung being an idiot. Yoongi's in his studio and he kinda left his phone out here. Big mistake." Namjoon explains whilst sighing however he sounds like he finds it amusing also.

"Oh, it's okay." I reply.

"I'll give Yoongi the phone, hold on."

I hear his footsteps so I'm guessing he's walking towards Yoongi's studio.

"Namjoon, where are you going?" I hear another voice.

"Yoongi hyung's studio, it's Jiyeon." He replies.

The voice gasps, and I hear his rushed footsteps coming closer and closer. "Jiyeon hey, it's Jin!"

I chuckle. "Hi Jin."

"Yoongi's been in his studio all day since we got back from the shopping centre, it's a little concerning but then again I'm not surprised." Jin then says.

"Yup." Namjoon sighs, and then I hear him knock on Yoongi's door. There's silence for a couple seconds, before a muffled voice yells from inside for Namjoon to come in. Namjoon does so and I hear him walk inside.