Barbatos was like the equivalent of the devil himself, he rules Hell with an iron fist and demons and other spirits damned in Hell hated his rule and wanted change

Barbatos: My my my, what do we have here?

He got off from his horse and stepped the ground as the villagers eyed him with a look of hatred. The village hated Barbatos with passion, they wanted him out of rule and wanted his rival, the Inheritor to take the throne, he was ruthless but also a bit more fair than Barbatos. Then the leader of the village approached him.

Leader: Lord Barbatos, what brings you here? Are you here for our taxes?
Barbatos: This time it's not for that, but I want something very valuable.
Leader: What could that be?

Barbatos smirked.

Barbatos: I want your village's personal blacksmith.

This shocked and enraged Ignis as he didn't want to leave his home.

Leader: Sorry my lord, but we can't do that. Ignis clearly started that he doesn't want to leave here.
Barbatos: I don't take no for an answer, he's coming with me whether he likes it or not.

Then Ignis was fuming with anger and stormed to scold Barbatos.

Lighterium: Wait Ignis, what are you-

Ignis then approached the two.

Leader: Ignis...
Barbatos: Look who decided to show up.

He fully turned to Ignis.

Barbatos: I want you to come with us to my kingdom, you will become my personal blacksmith and you will forge weapons for my army as we start expanding my kingdom throughout Hell.

Ignis nodded his head in a no ans this enraged Barbatos.

Barbatos: Stop fooling around Ignis, who needs this crumy village anyways while you have a kindgom filled with riches and power, I'll pay any price to have you with me.

Ignis then gave him a thumbs down and nodded his head in a no, he then motioned for the demon lord to leave the village.

Barbatos: You dare defy my orders you fool and you do you think you are to ask me to leave, I am the lord of Hell. I rule over the damned souls from the earth realm, I'll feed you to the hellhounds of you-

Ignis then punched Barbatos in the jaw and he stumbled and the villagers cheered for Ignis' act. Barbatos' soldiers and general drawed they're weapons.

General: How dare you hit my lord you foolish scum, I'll personally-

Barbatos motioned his hand the general stopped talking, the demon lord smiled and looked at the Flame spirit.

Barbatos: Very well, you want us to leave... We'll leave you alone... For now...

He turned his back.