𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔

Start from the beginning

    I made my way to the vocal room, knowing it was bound to be empty since Harry was busy and everyone else was in their own dressing rooms.

    I enter the room, my back pressing against the door as I sink to my feet. Bringing my knees to my chest I finally let out the sob I've been holding in since I walked into Harry's dressing room.

    This wasn't supposed to be like this.

    I spot the piano in the corner of the room, and it was as if the piano was beckoning me to write all my feelings out instead of bottling it up inside, and that's what I did.

    I take my phone from my pocket, opening the voice-notes app and pressing record. My fingers press on the keys until they find a slow somber melody to play.

Here I am again, back to my old ways
Frozen with my thoughts
Wasting all my younger days
I think I decided, I should be alone
I hate the way I am, up every night, glued to my phone

Please tell me why, it's easy at first
But then it all breaks
The more you love, the more it hurts
I was just fine, 2 minutes ago
Now you aren't mine
The more I love, the more it hurts

Baby is it me? Am I so messed up?
Making all the ones, who care about me wanna run
The sunset's black and white, well, it didn't use to be
I remember when, it was pink skies, just you and me

So please tell me why, it was easy at first
Then it all breaks
The more you love, the more it hurts
Will I be fine, if it didn't work?
Cause now you aren't mine
The more I love, the more it hurts

I can't help myself
You are the one I love
It's so bad right now
I lost you, now it sucks

The more you love, the more it hurts.

    I finish playing the keys, and a sound of hands clapping startled me, making my head snap to the door where Mitch was standing, slow clapping. He's quick to notice my bloodshot eyes, and trembling hands as they run through my hair.

    "You okay?" He asks softly, and I nod, forcing a smile. "You don't look okay."

    "Grand." I answer bluntly, shrugging my shoulders. I honestly don't know what to feel. I just feel numb. He said we would take things slow, was it too slow for him? Why am I getting mad anyway, it's not like we were in a relationship, right?

    "Understandable, I guess." Mitch answers, sitting next to me on the piano bench and placing an arm around my shoulders.

    "What did I even do wrong?" I crack, tears pooling in my eyes as I ask Mitch a question even he couldn't answer.

    "Nothing, Kenna. You didn't do anything wrong." Mitch answers, pulling me into his chest as he lets me cry out all my frustrations. I was full on sobbing, and Mitch was rubbing my back in comfort, trying to shush my tears down, but I couldn't. This fucking hurts.

    My sobs soon died down, tears only escaping as my chest heaves. Mitch looks at me, peering into my eyes, "You okay?"

    I just shrug, the numbing feeling resurfacing and taking all my emotions with it.

    "Let's get you to your dressing room, yeah?" Mitch asks, and I nod.

30 Minutes to Kenna's Set