Chapter Twenty-Three: Practical Exams #1

Start from the beginning

I gulp. I don't understand why.

"I should get going." I say, walking passed her and grabbing my bag by my chair.

Mum runs a hand through her hair. "Alright. I'm staying back at work today." She tells me, leaning against the counter as I look at her over my shoulder, "My students' music concert is coming up. You and your father are invited, remember."

I nod my head and pick up my blazer from my chair. I slip it on, fixing my hair as well. "Yeah. It's next weekend. I think Dad and I will be free." I hum back, staring at my cuffs, "So, I'll be off."

"See you."

"Bye."

At the door, I slip on my shoes and hear the kitchen sink begin to run. Mum is washing her dishes. I grab my keys and walk through the door, shutting it behind me.

I sigh, rubbing my neck. It's been tense, not as much as before, but we don't bring it anything about Uncle still. Dad's made sure to steer away from anything regarding distant family. Even if its just about my grandparents, Dad will change the subject.

I'm already stepping on my way to school. Pretty excited, actually. Since I'm excited for what the practicals have in store for us.

Bringing me out of my thoughts is the ringing of my phone. The song and vibrating coming from pocket make me fish out my device.

The name on my screen makes me blink a few times and hold my breath.

Katsuki
Accept Decline

Bakugou never called me. I had to steal his phone to get his number actually.

It was a weird story actually.

This was before we had our groupchat with the others. Kaminari asked us if anyone had Bakugou's number so he could make the chat. None of us did, so we made it our mission to get his number.

Mina and Kirishima just outright asked him, but Bakugou shut them down.

Jirou and Sero saw it as useless, since Bakugou wasn't as lenient as everyone wished.

Momo was in the middle about it, though. She just didn't want to push anybody to do what they didn't want to.

So they sent me to do the work, since I was the closest one sitting to Bakugou who was on board with getting his number. Jirou was right beside him, but she said 'no'. Kaminari cried.

I got Kaminari and Kirishima to take Bakugou out to lunch and I would trail behind them with the girls. Then, Kaminari suddenly stopped everyone in the hallway, making me bump into Bakugou.

Because of his low hanging pants, I was able to grab his phone without much commotion. He did glare at me from over his shoulder and I gave him my most innocent smile.

At the table, Kaminari secretly promised to buy my lunch if I got Bakugou's number. I obviously accepted. Free food.

I got his number and texted it to mine. If someone were to scroll back to the earliest text ever sent between Bakugou and I, you'd see a certain message from him.

From: Katsuki
Hey pretty girl, are you dynamite? Because you're making me explode~

I kept laughing at myself. For the next 10 minutes. Because after those minutes, the group came back. I put Bakugou's phone on the spot beside me and smiled at them.

As Kaminari set a bowl of soba in front of me, Bakugou sat down beside me and saw his phone. He scowled, "Why the fuck do you have my shit?"

I shrugged my shoulders and mumbled back, "Nothing. But nice homescreen by the way. Very edgy."