Our Secret April Part 10

Start from the beginning

"I don't know you tell me," John B answered, "I mean you two have been awfully touchy feely lately. I know what you look like when you're scamming on a girl and I don't need you scamming my sister," he said with a shrug.

Shaking his head JJ sighed, "I'm not gonna keep having this same conversation with you so I'm gonna be real with you, Dude. I like your sister. She's fucking awesome and if I'm lucky enough for her to give me a chance I'd be a straight asshole if I screwed it up. I just want her to be happy, Man. So if going to some stupid dance makes her happy then I'm gonna go regardless of what you think," JJ told him.

Sighing, John B rolled his shoulders, "I don't even know what to say to that. Part of me wants to beat your face in," John B told him. "And the other part?" JJ questioned. "Well that part wants to beat your face in too," John B replied.

"Alright, well glad that's out there," JJ commented going back to working on the dirtbike, "So in the name of keeping Coral happy are you gonna help me find a monkey suit for this dance? Taking a long swallow of his beer John B finally nodded, "Yeah," he responded.

"I can't believe you got JJ to agree to go to a school dance," Kie laughed as the two girls walked into a small dress shop located on the mainland. The two had rode the ferry across to search out dresses for the dance.

"I'm pretty persuasive," Coral smiled as she searched through the racks. Pulling out several dresses in varying shades of blue Coralina walked towards the dressing room. Noticing her choices Kie laughed, "Are we going with a theme here?" she questioned, as she walked to her own fitting room.

Blushing Coralina shrugged, "JJ likes the color blue and since he's my date," she trailed off. "Yeah, but it's not like this is a real date," Kie commented, before disappearing into a room to change.

Furrowing her brow Coralina went into her changing room. Once she had a dress on she met Kie by the three way mirrors, "I don't know. I don't think I like that color on you," she said looking at Kie in a yellow dress.

Scrunching up her face Kie turned in a circle looking at herself, "Yeah, I'm not loving this," she agreed before looking at Coralina, "That one looks nice," she commented. Humming Coralina shook her head, "I'm not feeling it," she decided.

As they walked back to their rooms Coralina glanced at Kie, "So why don't you think this is a real date?" she questioned. "You know the rule, Coral, no Pogue on Pogue macking," Kiara reminded her, "Plus John B would straight up murder him for trying anything with you," she continued.

Pausing outside of her fitting room Kiara looked over at Coralina, "You don't, like, want this to be an actual date. Do you?" she asked.

Chewing on the inside of her cheek Coralina contemplated telling Kie the truth, "I mean, I don't really see the big deal if it was," she admitted. Laughing Kie shook her head, "Coral you may be persuasive enough to get JJ to the dance, but I don't think there's anybody on this earth who would be able to get him to stop jumping from girl to girl and actually date one."

Hating how all their friends always thought the worst of JJ Coralina glared at her curly haired friend, "Actually JJ hasn't hooked up with any rando girls for the last eight months," Coralina told her.

"Yeah, that he's told you about, but you don't know what he's doing," Kie began to say before Coralina interrupted her. "I do know because he's been with me," Coral stated, staring at Kie.

Blinking Kiara stared at Coralina, "What do you mean he's been with you?" she asked. Blowing out a breath of air Coralina sat on the small bench between the fitting rooms, "Kie, I need to tell you something and I really need you to just be my friend. Not my brother's friend, but my friend."