Part 18 - A Day with Asami Sato (Updated)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Mako..? Why are you here?" Asami asked before frowning "And why are you knocking on my door 300 times in a row??"

The tall man chuckled as he looked down at Asami "I heard you were cooped up in here all day... and I like annoying you." He said teasingly before walking into the room.

"Clearly." Asami said as she rolled her eyes "I'm kinda busy here Mako, so if you don't mind I'd like to-"

"I know you're passionate about your work Asami but... do you ever take a break?"

"Yes. I do, now if you'd just let me-"

"Did you even eat today?" He said as he examined his bike in the making completely impressed.

Asami frowned at the fact Mako kept interrupting her "Yes. I ate breakfast... but I still have things to do so if you could just-"

"Why are you in such a rush to get rid of me?" Mako asked, looking down at the girl "I'm just asking how your day went.."

"It went fine Mako!" She snapped "I'm just- I'm tired and I want to finish my plans for the day, now please! Go!" Asami frowned as she pointed to the door.

Mako shrugged a bit "I mean... I was just leading to ask you out to dinner.."

Asami widening her eyes a bit as she placed her hand over her face in annoyance  "No Mako. I'm not in the mood to go out. Nor is it appropriate for us to go out to dinner alone with the way you've been acting."

"The way I've been acting?" Mako frowned feeling offended "How have i been acting? We used to be like this all the time..." Mako said as he walked to Asami, reaching out to pull her in, by her hips.

Asami frowned as she moved away before he could even put his hands on her "Exactly. Used to Mako! What has been your problem lately?! Asami yelled, being fed up with his flirtatious act lately.

"I don't have a problem! I just want to spend time with you!" Mako said back, defensively.

"Well I don't Mako!! I'm in a relationship! You can't keep flirting with me like this! It's not going to work! And it's not going to happen!" Asami finally spit out "And it only ever makes me feel really, really uncomfortable!"

Mako stared down at Asami a bit, in shock "You're... you're in a relationship?!.... since when?!" He frowned "Why didn't tell me?! With who?!"

"I'm not obligated to tell you that I am or am not in a relationship! And who it's with is none of your damn business! You've got some nerve just to waltz in here and interrupt me as I personally work on your bike, ask me out on a date and when I decline it with a valid reason I didn't even need to give to you, then question me who I'm with! You're NOT my boyfriend Mako! So back off!"

"I'm only asking because if you told me that You were in a relationship Asami, I wouldn't be keep trying to ask you out!" Mako said frowning and feeling completely embarrassed.

Asami looked up at Mako before crossing her arms and looking away "It's not my fault you can't tell when a girl isn't interested."

"Ouch." He mumbled to himself "Listen Asami, I'm sorry. If I knew I would never have tried to-"

"Mako just-!" Asami stopped herself before taking a deep breath and calming herself "I have a lot of work to do.. so please just.. go."

Mako stared at Asami and for the first time in awhile, he actually had nothing smart to say "Okay them... I'll just.. see you around.." He said awkwardly before leaving the room.

"Seriously. I can't believe I dated him." Asami mumbled to herself before going back to work.
~
After a long, tiring day at work, Asami had finally decided it was best for her to head home. It was probably around 10pm when she started to clean off all her equipment and placed them back where they belonged. Once Asami had cleared out her work space, she walked to the main entrance of the factory, turning everything off as she walked past it "I really need to get some security for this place.." She mumbled to herself before walking through the doors. Asami turned her back to the street as she took out her keys, locking the doors to her factory.

Before she had the chance to turn around, someone had walked up behind the tall girl, placing their hands with a tight grip on her waist.

"Long time no see, huh?" The stranger said. Asami widened her eyes as she felt the tight grip on her sides. Without hesitation she placed a hand over the strangers, keeping them in place as she used her free arm, sending it back and elbowing the person in their side, making them groan loudly.
"Wait! Asami-!"

Asami gripped the wrist of the stranger tightly as she turned their arm over, only for her to turn around just as fast. The tall girl pulled back her free arm, preparing to hit the person with more force than before, but soon stopping as she looked down at the person.

"Korra..?"

~