"Sorry to crush your dreams, but you weren't my first love."

"So you wasn't just with me last week? You are literally trying to act like you don't remember me."

"Girl are you fuckin done pouting?" Shelly asks. "Well it doesn't fuckin matter. Let's go Kaleb." She grabbed my hand pulling me along with her.

"You let this bitch call you your real name?" She shouts after us.

We got in the car and drove in silence. I didn't know what to say because I didn't know if she was mad or not.

*

Shelly

"You mad?" Kaine asks as we pull up in front of the tattoo shop.

"No. Why would I be mad?" I ask.

"Ol' girl. You don't believe her right?"

I scuffed. "No, I am not worried about that girl. I'm more worried about what I'ma eat for lunch. You might be a crazy asshole, but you ain't stupid crazy. I know you wouldn't cheat on me."

I turned to see him staring at me. "Wha-" I was cut off by his lips meeting mine in a forceful yet pleasurable kiss.

"That's why I love your ass." He said as his forehead was against mine.

I blushed. "I love you too."

"So you're gonna do tattoos on your birthday?" I ask as we walk into the shop.

"Nope. I'ma get one."

"My fuckin lil bro birthday outchea!" Kjayy shouted.

They dapped each other up.

"Let's do this tat bruh."

"Already got it drawn up too." He said holding it up for us to see.

"No that's too big." I said with my mouth gapped open.

"Let's do it." Kaine said ignoring me.

I watched as Kjayy put the stencil on his forearm. In big letters their was my name on his arm, Nichelle.

*

"What's up bruh? Happy G day my nigga." Nico said dapping up Kaine. "You better be treating my brat right."

"Appreciate it bruh and always, always." He said.

"The hell y'all doing here?" Kaine asks laughing as his family and mine walk out of the kitchen. His mom holding a cake.

"Shelly got all of us to come together and have a lil family get together." His mom said smacking his hand away as he tried to steal some icing off the cake.

"That's what's up." He nodded smiling.

"I like ya mom already Shelly." Mama said bumping her shoulder against mine then walking away. Lord, don't let my mom corrupt her.

*

After dinner everybody got ice cream and cake and just sat around the living room watching tv and laughing and joking.

"Wait, do y'all remember that girl who damn near lived with us when I was like 15." Kaine asks.

"Oh yeah, Tia." Nel said.

"Me and Shell ran into her at court and she was trying to say she was my first love and some other bullshit. Then say I was cheating with her. I never cheated a day in my fuckin life."

"Oh yeah I remember her she would always tell you she loved you and you would be like me too." Karma said.

Kaine laughed. "I was even an asshole back then."

"That was ya first nut, you ain't know no better." Nel said.

"Them talking about this doesn't bother you?" Karma asks.

I shook my head. "I guess I'm growing because the old me would have got mad, in my feelings, and started with that insecure shit, but I'm good. I'm secure." I said smiling meaning every word I said.

"How much is ya fine?" Kjayy asks.

"$600, I already paid it since I know I would have forgot."

*

"Aye," Kaine said pulling me down into his lap. "Thanks for getting everybody together and only the few people you did since you know I don't got everybody to do half the time."

"No problem. I honestly didn't know what to get you since you have damn near everything so I thought this would do. Plus after the baby get here I was thinking of letting you do a tattoo on me, whatever you want."

"Don't do that, don't say whatever I want because I will deadass tattoo Kaine between yo thighs were my home is." He laughed.

"No." I laughed. "Anything but that."

"Nah, you said anything which means anywhere. I'm put that bitch right on the left lip of ya puss-"

"Kaleb!" I exclaimed covering his mouth. I couldn't help but laugh.

He continued laughing as I removed my hand from his mouth. "Gimme a kiss."

I pouted kissed his lips softly. "You play all day."

"Always babe."