Chapter 18

y/n POV

I rode back with Hotch again, after the investigation. It was silent most of the way. I offered to drive but he said i needed some rest.

when we got back to the hotel i noticed that spencer wasn't back yet.

"hey da- Aaron?" i asked before Hotch could get to his door.

"where did spencer go and why did he drive separate?"

"a store i think. Im not sure. Goodnight y/n"

"goodnight, love you."

he didn't look up at me but i saw a smile.

"i love you too." and with that he was in his room.

I walked into my room and fell back on spencer bed. A breeze of his cologne passed by me and i felt a faint laugh come up but i held it down.

I've been so stressed lately and i would talk to Hotch, but i don't want a lecture. Spencer and i just argue and Derek......i just....i feel like i've been with him for most of my trip and i don't really want to spend it all with him.

i know that sounds horrible but i don't know i just feel like-...i need time for other people too.

jj and emily are probably already hooking up again and I'm not walking in on that happening.

i sat up from spencer bed and i grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and clicked on my phone.

i flipped through the screen looking for something to do or keep me distracted for a while.

I open my contacts and scroll through the names.

"Stephen Graymoore"

my co-worker back in south Carolina. He is the closest thing i have to a friend and he is actually dog sitting Winne for me.
"hey y/n! hows Virginia treating you?"

"you know, old times"

"yeah, her hold on-" the phone hangs up. I get a FaceTime call 20 seconds later and i pick up the phone to Winnie wagging her tail and jumping up trying to get a treat Stephen was going to give her. I smiled

"Hiiii baby! how is he doing? is he being good?"

"yeah perfect actually!" he says flipping the phone back around to him

"you look horrible, what's eating ya?" he asked

"...thanks Stephen...but I'm just stressed and i think I was home sick of this place and everything here is bringing back so many memories and-"

"you can't be home sick if you have never felt at home anywhere y/n, you said it yourself."

"i know Moore but something about this place just makes me feel comfortable and its just where i- ugh! i don't know!"

"is it being back that the BAU?"

"i think-....i think it's maybe being back with my old friends and where i lived for years and knowing the place so well-"

"are you seeing anyone there?"

"what? no, why would you even ask that?"

"i don't know, i just didn't know if you were trying again with that ex of yours"

"spencer?- oh god no! no, haha, I'm just trying to get on good terms with him again. We are adults and there is no need to be so childish about-"

"about what happened? y/n nothing was childish about everything that went down between you two i- i mean the dude broke your heart a- and now you want to move back because of him?"