Chapter 2

"Omg! I just met my celebrity crush AND he's having a shower in MY HOUSE!" I start to walk inside but then I stop. "Wait my stuff in the car," I remember. "Damn ADHD," I sigh walking back and picking up the bag. Then I lock the the car and walk inside, locking the front door behind me.

I hear the shower running as I place the meds and the two bottles of alcohol on the counter. I get two glasses out, just in case Dom wants one. I had decided to get Vodka and Kahlua. I poured some Kahlua into a cup and added ice and coke. I pop a straw in and take a sip. The shower turns off and Dom walks out with only a towel around his lower half. I choke on my drink as Dom walks over. He chuckles and grabs the Vodka bottle. "Could I have some?" He asks.

"Sure?" I say, unsurely. 

"Don't worry. I won't hurt ya," He says softly.

" I find that hard to believe," I mutter. Suddenly he slams the bottle against the counter, shattering it and making the liquid pour onto the tiles. "Are you okay?" I ask worriedly, as check his hand for shards of glass and scratches. He archs an eyebrow, confused that I'm worried about a psychopath's health and safety more than my own. "Yeah... I'm okay," Dom says, looking at me curiously. "Why are ya helpin' me?" 

I sigh. "Maybe you should sit down first?" I suggest quietly. Should I really tell him? I ask myself as I sit down next to him. "When I was 13, I hated myself. I had no friends and my family avoided me at all costs. One day I started... Seeing things. Seeing people. My family refused to take me to a doctor because they didn't want to waste money on me. I wanted to get rid of it all so I poured out my emotions and turned them into poems and stories. But it wasn't enough..."

"So I started cutting. Every day for years. On my 17th birthday, I was alone. My boyfriend had just used me to get back at his ex and he never really loved me. I wanted to die. I remember it like it was yesterday."

"I had put in my earplugs and was listening to a sad playlist on Spotify. I had looked over the bridge at the calm water and I wanted my head to be calm too. But just when I was about to jump..  Your song came up. 'Hope for the underrated youth.' I'd never heard it before but it spoke to me. Like it knew what I was feeling."

"After that day, I always listened to your music. It was like my safe place.  When I turned 18, I finally had saved up enough money to buy a ticket for one of your concerts but... That was the year you went into the lunatic house." I finish, suddenly feeling my tears against my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry. That must of been shit. I didn't realise that I affected people that much." Dom says, looking at me with sad eyes.