Chapter 1

"Tanjiro"

"Hmm.." Tanjiro hums, face smooshed into his pillows.

"Tanjiro"

Tanjiro turns around and opens one of the eyes to see his mother.

"Yes, mom?" The black to red-haired boy answered sounding drowsy from sleep.

"It's 6:35, if you wake up now you'll have time to get ready, and have a little free time before you leave." His mother answers with a kind smile.

Tanjiro slowly nodded his head, sitting up in his bed. "Ok, I'll get ready now."

His mom pets his head gently before walking out of his room, probably to go wake his other siblings up. Well, that being if he was the first woken up or not.

The boy got out of bed and walked towards his dresser, where he pulled out his black school uniform.  The school he attended wasn't that strict when it came to dress code so as long as you had the uniform on, anything should be fine.

So, after putting on his uniform, he pulls on a checkered jacket, longer than usual, that his mother made for him for his birthday back in July. It was comfy, and you could really feel the love from his mother.

Walking over to his nightstand, he also grabbed a pair of long earrings that his father gave him. As his father was getting old, and weaker, he decided that it was the right time to give his eldest his earrings that have been passed down through generations. So Tanjiro made sure to take good care of them and wear them every day.

Finally, he grabbed a comb that lay on top of his dresser, and combed his bed head back into what his friends and family call, 'Tanjiro's signature look'. Brushing back his hair revealed his forehead, where a scar lay on the left. He didn't remember how he got the scar, but he knows he's had it for a long time, so it didn't bother him much.

Finished getting dressed, the boy walked out his bedroom door, down the hall, and into the kitchen.

"Morning Nii-chan!" Hanako said from where she was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of fruit loops.

"Morning" Tanjiro smiled, walking towards the kitchen to grab an apple. He walked pass Takeo and ruffled his hair, earning a suprised yelp from the younger boy.

"Hey! I just combed that.." Takeo whined, using his fingers to fix his hair. Tanjiro chuckled, opening the fridge to grab cold apple.

When he closed the door, a smaller body slammed into his side.

"Oof"

"Sorry!" Shigeru quickly apologized before running off again.

Nezuko suddenly came running into the kitchen, panting and looking a little irrated.

"Oh, Nii-chan, have you seen Shigeru? He look hair pin." His younger sister asked.

"He took your hair pin?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure why though..."

"Hey Shigeru!" Tanjiro yelled for his younger brother, while quickly motioning his sister to hide.

"Yes Nii-chan?" The boy came running back in.

"GOT YOU!" Nezuko suddenly jumped out, grabbed the boy in a hug. "Now give me back my hair pin!"

"Never!" Shigeru yelled.

"Shigeru..." Nezuko began. "I didn't want it to come to this, but I guess I have no choice.." Her face suddenly look serious, her voice low.

"N-Nee-chan...?"

Nezuko then started to tickle the life out of the boy, causing Shigeru to laugh.