Ch 2

Tony's POV:
I can't believe I texted the wrong number. I should of had FRIDAY save any new friends' numbers so this doesn't happen again. "Hey FRIDAY, whenever an Avengers or close friends number changes. Save it. I don't want what happened today to happen again." I heard FRIDAY answers promptly and do what I said to. I look through the messages again because I can't believe I was texting a teenager, the way they texts is almost like me.
I wonder if they did that on purpose to originally try to throw me off their trail. I definitely don't want to tell the kid I'm the Tony Stark they admire. I don't think they could handle that. I come across the long text they sent about how Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are better than their alter egos made me smile.
I look at the text for a while and I notice it's 11:30 at night. I should probably head to bed like the kid did. I am pretty tired. I stand up and look at all the unfinished projects around me, I'll finish them tomorrow. I yawn and leave my lab. I head to the elevator and tell FRIDAY to take me to the common rooms so I can head to bed. I watch as the elevator goes up a few floors before stopping.
The doors open and Natasha walks in. "We aren't heading down are we Stark?" I shake my head no. "Heading up. I decided to go to bed early." I see her give me a weird look. I smirk and look at her. "What? I'm as surprised as you are that I decided to do this." She squinted her eyes suspiciously at me as the doors to the elevator closed and we continued to go up. I looked at the doors in front of me, becoming lost in thought.
When the doors open again, I walk out and head to mine and Pepper's room. I ignore everyone giving me a weird look. I'm about to open the door when I see Steve walk up to me. "Tony you alright?" I smirk at him while answering," Of course. I decided to just try getting some actual sleep," I see him give me a skeptical and shocked look," Look, I'm just as surprised as you Capsicle." He smiles and complements me on finally putting effort in taking care of myself and then leaves.
I roll my eyes and walk to my room, which I finally get into. I see Pepper already in bed and I smile. I get ready for bed and lay down next to her. She shifts a little at the suddenness of me getting in bed, but she doesn't wake. I can't help but smile at her. How did I get so lucky to have her as my wife? I slowly fall alseep, surprised I was even able to get to sleep.
A few hours later I woke up having a panic attack. I look around me and I see Pepper. I slowly catch my breath and groan in fustration, laying back down. I hate these nightmares. I see my phone light up from getting a message. Who's texting me now? None of my friends are ever up this early. I reach over to it and open it up. I raise an eyebrow in confusion because it's from the unknown number. I wonder what they want? I promptly open the chat to read it.

~~Messages~~

Unknown 2:55am:

Hey...I know your most likely not up but uh how would you deal about with nightmares? Not like I had any or anything...

Also I think I'll call you Mr/Mrs/Ms/Mx Unknown.

I don't want to offend you so I put all the titles.

Unknown 3am:

Hehe sorry for the late night/early morning spam

Tony 3am:

It's fine. I myself have just woken up from a nightmare. I honestly don't know how to deal with them all heathy like. And I'm a Mr Unknown. What should I call you?

Unknown 3:01am:

Oh...I've heard talking helps so maybe we should talk? Just not about the nightmares, that usually makes it worse for me.

Nice to meet you Mr Unknown. You can either make a nickname for me or you can call me Ben.

Tony 3:01am:

Is Ben your name?

Unknown 3:01am:

Maybe it is and maybe it it isn't. It could be my first, it could be my middle, it could be a nickname, or it might not be my name at all.

Tony 3:02am:

So insightful. Thank you so much

Unknown 3:02am:

XD

Tony 3:02am:

If you were to get into Stark Industries, what would you be doing? What about the friend who I'm pissed at for making it impossible to track your phone?

Unknown 3:03am:

I would be in the mechanical and engineering department and my friend would be in the coding.

We would also see if Pepper Pots was having an internship or a job for our scary friend who is essentially Mrs Potts and Black Widow combined.

Tony 3:03am:

Well maybe Pepper Pots does have that internship. And now I am scared to meet your scary friend.

Unknown 3:03am:

XD yeah. Hey Mr Unknown should we play 20 questions? Talking to you is making me feel better.

Unless of course you don't want to. I'm fine with that.

Shit I'm spamming again. I'm sorry.

Tony 3:03am:

Ben, your making me laugh at how worried you are. I don't want to wake my wife up.

Sure we can do 20 questions. You first.

Unknown 3:03am:

Ok and sorry. You should move locations and then I'll start.

Tony 3:04am:

Ok Ben. I'll go to the livingroom.

~~End of messages~~

I slowly get up and head over to the common room. I stay on the couch there talking to 'Ben' for a few hours answering and asking questions. I know Ben is a boy who attends a school for smart people. Before long I notice 'Ben' hasn't responded for a bit and I realize he mist of fallen back asleep. I smile and roll my eyes before leaning back into the couch and I closed my eyes. Slowly falling letting sleep take me once again.

Ok so sorry for the lack of updates. I fell into a depressive funk but I wanna continue writing. I'm really glad I had this pre-written. So I did not write this really fast @JeffersonStartedIt33 , I just had to go see if I finished this chapter and I mostly did. I'm going to go continue the next chapter now but I felt like publishing this one.