Chapter 1: Suspicious Activity

[A/N: There will be mentions of the consumption of animals and animal products so I'm sorry to any Vegans that may be reading this.]

           I wake up the next morning with the sun's ray shining through the sides of my curtains. I have these thick, velvet curtains to keep my room dark, but at this time of day, visible streaks of light appear on the wall.

          My days are somewhat full, depending on how you define 'full'. I don't have an 'out-of-house' job. Everything I do is over the computer. I'm mainly a graphic designer. I create visual concepts - mostly for housing and room design - and send them to marketers and developers who make it a reality. I also send them to clients who are looking to change things up.

When I'm not doing that, I host online auctions. Sometimes for me, but mostly for charity. Or I'm doing any other online job I can find. I've also written and sold a few books. I make quite a bit of money.

Then when the sun begins to set my Neighborhood Watch duties begin. I make my rounds, get back home by nightfall, and start helping Luna with the cases.

And in my freetime I watch TV and YouTube.

          In school, I always used to envy the people who got to wake up to morning light. I would get up at 3:00, 4:00 am just to get ready. Now I wake up at 12:00 in the afternoon.

          I pull myself out of bed and decide to go to the store. Now that I think about it, the store is really the only reason I leave the house. Even when getting clothes I order them online. I'm always spending money on useless crap I don't need that I just end up selling or auctioning a month later.

I check my kitchen to see what I may need.

Everything.

I need everything.

My fridge is bare bones. There's only water, expired plant milk, cabbage I will never touch because it stinks and I only bought it on a whim to try to be healthy but opted out last minute, and a ⅔ used ketchup bottle. And a box of.. tampons?

          'So I did have tampons! I bought a new box for nothing? I really need some sleep if I'm so tired I put my tampons in the fridge,' I leave the kitchen and grab my bag. 'Why do I feel like I'm missing something?'

The outside air hit me strangely. I look down and realize I'm still in my sleep wear which has very little coverage.

'Oh yeah,' I went back inside, changed into a decent outfit, and left to go to the store. I came back home with 7 bags containing milk, eggs, chocolate syrup, Sunny D, grapejuice, strawberries, bananas, apples, raspberries snap peas - you know, to keep it healthy - noodle bowls, pepperoni and cheese, Sodapop, Pop Tarts, chips, spanakopita, popcorn, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, cookies, fries, Hot Pockets, toaster strudels, pizza rolls, soup, this s'mores ice cream stuff, popsicles, drumsticks, ice cream sandwiches, ice cream on a stick, microwave pizza, meatballs, a body bad of candy, a bottle of sweet wine, a rotisserie chicken, chicken pot pie, normal pie, and a huge triple chocolate cake.

Among other things.

'I eat like a college student,'

          I make myself 2 raspberry toaster strudels - because one is never enough - and go to my office. I have 2 different computers: the one in my office, which is for my graphic design, planning and anything else that requires a resume, and the laptop in the corner of my living room which I use for auctions, Ebay, reports, and my leisurely activities.

          I really should sort out the cases on my office computer, but sometimes I like to watch TV as I work.

          Every day, before I start work, I check my email for any upcoming projects or job opportunities.