"cedric knows we're just friends now" pansy snorts and i give her a glare, but she continues smirking as she stirs her potions, "he does!" i reiterate, "i swear"

daphne rolls her eyes a bit, clearing not buying my weak defense, "anyways" she says, "continue the story? draco said cedric just wanted to snog you...then what did you say to draco?"

i look down at my ingredients, mumbling my reply, "i asked if he was just my friend because he wanted to snog me"

daphne and pansy both gasp, "you didn't!" pansy exclaims

"i did" i cringe, "how bad do you think it'll be?"

all three of us look to the other end of the classroom, where draco stands at a station with crabbe and goyle. he's furiously stirring his potion, swearing under his breath each time he makes a mistake, which he seems to be making a lot more of than usual.

"i'd say pretty bad" daphne says quietly as we all turn back to one another. i sigh, looking between their concerned faces, and then back down at my potion, which has turned an ugly sort of green (it was meant to be purple).

"brilliant" i mutter, dumping out the cauldron and starting over.

__________________________

draco's pov

"she's gone absolutely mad, she has" blaise says, rolling his eyes, "i swear..." his voice trails off in my head as i stop listening, looking back down at the photo album in my lap.

we're sitting in the dormitory, blaise complaining about something astoria said. crabbe and goyle loudly agree with him, while i stay silent, looking back at y/n and i's photos together.

"well, what do you think, malfoy?" goyle says, looking over at me

i clear my throat, shutting the book and putting it back under my bed, "i think blaise is asshole" i smirk a little and all of them laugh loudly, blaise throwing his pillow at me as he does.

then there's a knock on the door

"who is it?" crabbe whispers, "theo wouldn't knock"

we all look between one another, but blaise is the one to get up. i turn my back slightly, disinterested in the mysterious knock, going to my bag to get out my potions textbook when-

"draco, it's for you"

i look up to see all of the boys standing round the door, looking back at me, while y/n stands between them all in the doorway, smiling at my slightly. she steps forward between them, coming into the room and looking around curiously. guess she's never been in the boys dorms before. that's good news i guess. she looks back at the others, still standing by the door

"if you wouldn't mind some privacy?" she glares at them, nodding towards the door. they all smirk at me, howling and whistling as the stumble out into the corridor.

"ignore them" i say, "bunch of idiots"

"no kidding" she laughs, walking slowly over to my bed, "can i sit?" she points next to me. i nod, moving over a little to give her more room, "thanks" she smiles, sitting down on the edge of my bed, letting her legs fall to her side as she turns to face me.

"i'm sorry about earlier" she says, "i s'pose i snapped at you" she doesn't sound very apologetic. i understand why, i did provoke her. i imagine daphne and pansy convinced her to come talk to me.

"it's alright" i shrug, leaning back against the wall, "sorry i suggested you've got no personality" i laugh, "you do have one, it's just rubbish"

"shut up" she rolls her eyes, smiling. she grabs the pillow blaise threw at me, which is still laying on my bed, and hits me lightly with it.

"i'm kidding, i'm kidding" i laugh, pushing the pillow back at her, "i was friends with you long before i wanted to snog you y/n" i say, looking back at her face, "you're personalities just fine" her smile widens a little, but she looks down into her lap to conceal it.

"remember when you gave me this necklace?" she says quietly, bringing her hand up to her chest, "you said you wouldn't want me to think you fancied me" her gaze moves back up to mine, her hand lowering from the charm, "and i asked you if it would be a horrid thing? to fancy me, that is"

"yeah, i remember" i nod, sitting up slightly

"you never answered"

"i s'pose at the time i didn't know the answer" i lean forward a bit against my elbows, moving ever so slightly closer to her, "well, i do now and i've got to say... fancying you... it brought a lot of things- good and bad. but definitely not horrid"

she laughs softly and looks over at me, a smile coming across her face, "y'know i think that may be the nicest thing you've said to me"

"it can happen sometimes" i smirk, leaning back against the wall again and crossing my arms

"i'm not snogging cedric" she says quickly, meeting my eyes

"i know" i sigh, "but you do realize he wants to, right?" she nods a little, twiddling her thumbs nervously, "guys talk y'know" i clear my throat, "all i'm saying is just because he's in hufflepuff doesn't mean he's an angel. the kid's gotten around" i shake my head, "i don't want you to just be another story he tells"

"i know his reputation, draco" she rolls her eyes, leaning back against the bedpost, "obviously loads of girls are gonna have snogged him. i mean, have you seen him?" i glare at her and she chuckles under her breath, blushing a little, "sorry. but you know what i mean" she shrugs, "anyways, i can handle it. but thank you, for looking out for me"

"always" i say quietly, seeing her smile back at me. she slowly stands up from the bed, grabbing her bag and putting it over her shoulder.

"c'mon. we'll be late for dinner" she holds out her hand toward me, smiling sweetly with a slight tilt to her head. hesitantly, i take her hand and she pulls me up to stand, letting go once i'm standing next to her. she smirks a little, but then continues walking out of the dorm, only pausing at the doorway for me to catch up.

__________________________

this is draco's redemption arc

i watched oop and hbp last night and i'm emotionally drained

vote/comment/share <3

p.s. thank u for 53k reads!