1. A new beggining

The castle was silent, the students had left for summer break, so had most teachers. The only people remaining were the Headmaster Dumbledore, the house-elves, The caretaker Filch, Filch's evil cat Mrs Norris, Rubeus Hagrid and another teacher in deep sorrow.

A teacher named Severus Snape. Last term had been nostalgic, he didn't like nostalgia. It reminded him of his past life and his heartbreak. They had met again, him and the Marauders, or could you really call them the marauders after one of them had betrayed the others and one of them had died.
So you'd rather say that Severus Snape had met the remains of the Marauders.

The Marauders were awful people, they all deserved to meet their awful fate. They had bullied him and one of them had done one thing that ruined his whole life, he had taken Lily from him. But the man who had taken his Lily was dead, so was Lily.

Snape had almost gotten the mans companion Black kissed by a dementor, and he had gotten his other best friend Remus Lupin to lose his job and all of his chances of getting a new one.

Of course he was pleased by ruining Remus Lupin's future, but he had missed the opportunity to ruin Sirius Black's.

Snape hated James Potter (the thief of Lily) the most of the marauders, but Black was placed second on his list of people he hated.

After one year of constant and awful nostalgia since the werewolf had been back in the castle he thought he'd get to finally make them suffer the way they had made him suffer, suffer the way they deserved, but Snape had failed.

He felt more heartbroken than ever before after being reminded of his Lily. He was now alone. Snape couldn't bare to go back home to Cokeworth, go back to the place he first met the love of his life.

So there he sat in his office, down in the dungeons and even though he was oblivious to it, in desperate need of love.

Out of nowhere he heard a knock on the door, who had interrupted him deep in thoughts?
"Welcome in," he said and his voice echoed in the cold and rather dull room.

The door opened and in walked Albus Dumbledore, but he wasn't alone. By his side stood a really small creature. It had long and floppy ears, bulging eyes and a long nose. It was a houself. But unlike most houselves, it didn't wear any old pillowcase. It wore a oversized pink jumper, two different coloured dirty socks and a long skirt.

Snape could feel his heart skip a beat.
"Hello Severus. Good evening, sorry to interrupt you." Dumbledore said and then continued, "Dobby here is new. He is a free elf and he needs someone to show him around in the castle and give him a warm welcome. And since you're here all alone I thought you'd be perfect for the job."

Snape's heart was beating even faster, if that was even possible. He felt like it would rip out of it ribcage in any second and it hurt really bad. Excitement rushed through his body.

"Of course" Snape answered a bit stunned, "Anything for you Professor Dumbledore." He said ignoring his heart pounding while trying to not give any sign of excitement to Dumbledore.

"I knew I could count on you Severus!" Dumbledore said as he exited the room leaving Dobby and Snape alone.

Snape began with showing Dobby the different dormitories telling him about the chores.
Then they walked to the kitchen. Snape felt a feeling he hadn't felt in thirteen years, the feeling of being in love.

When the other houselves saw Dobby they gave him disapproving gazes while saying mean things about him behind his back.
"Do you see him? He wears c-clothes! Bad houself, bad houself." they muttered.
Snape heard them and got really angry.

He fried their fingers in punishment. The houselves ,who weren't used to getting physical abuse started crying in fear and pain. It made Dobby and Snape laugh to the point where they were laying on the floor crying in joy.

After they had calmed down, Snape showed Dobby the room of requirements. In there they had a romantic dinner.

"Dobby, I haven't felt this for someone in a long time." Snape said nervously," Do you want to go on a second date with me?"
"Yęs! Yês, plèæse Daddy Sevÿ!!" Dobby answered excitedly almost knocking his wineglass over.

The days passed by quickly. Today is the day Dobby and and Snape would have their second date together. Snape smiled by the bare thought of it.

He was cleaning and sorting in his inventory of potions when his gaze swept over a certain bottle. The potion in the bottle was white with a holographic glow to it. The words "Amortentia" were written on it.

He carefully took the bottle and opened it. The cork came off with a loud pop. Holographic steams escaped the bottle. The steams radiated the scents of
rain, rotten smell of his pet-bat Jean and the smell of old stinky socks. The exact smell he recognised as what Dobby smelled like since Dobby didn't know how to do laundry.

Snape felt shocked. He did no longer smell the aroma of sweet flowers, the aroma of Lily,  in his Amortentia. Dobby was the new love of his life, his soulmate. And no one would take Dobby from him!

"Expecto patronum," he muttered as he casted a patronus. It was no longer a doe, it was now shaped as a houself running on all fours. He was finally over Lily.

Suddenly he heard a knock on the door and his patronus quickly faded away.
Someone opened the door, that someone was Albus Dumbledore.

"Severus we need to talk," he said "I've heard bizarre rumours by the houselves. They said that you and Dobby are dating. And I don't know if it's true, but I need to tell you that it's wrong. A human can not date a houself. Just like I'm in love with Harry but I won't date him, that would make me a pedophile," he then realised that he had slipped out too much information and quickly added "which I'm obviously not," he chuckled nervously.

"Anyways Severus, I just wanted to you know that. Have a good day. Good bye," Dumbledore said and then walked out of the room.

"Oh no!" Snape whispered to himself. He would get kicked out if Dumbledore knew that he and Dobby were a thing. But at the same time, Dobby made him feel something special. He couldn't get separated by another one he loved. He wouldn't survive another heartbreak.