If You Only Knew Me...

Chapter One

I've never known it to hurt this bad. It's hurt before, but never, ever, this bad. I'm suprised I can breath. I have to get out of this class, I have to go. I can't cry in front of these people who already call me a freak. I have to leave.

The next thing I know, I'm at home. My dad looking at me, with that same scared expression as I have woke to one too many times. He worries. He doesn't know what I go through. Ever since the car wreck.

I use to be the girl you wish you were. I was the beautiful blonde hair, blue eyed beauty every guy wanted. The girl who won everything, class prettiest, class favorite. I was a tennis player, a cheerleader, and a runner. I was a wonderful person, every girl was jealous of me.

I loved it like that too. I loved to be adored, to be praised, to be put up on a pedistool I didn't belong too. My mom put me in beauty pagents, and I won most of them. My mom and I were all about how we looked. We were shallow. I wouldn't leave the house with out make-up, purse, and designer clothes.

My dad is a doctor, we live here in Los Angels, and a lot of people enjoy having dad as there doctor. So I got whatever I wanted, I was the only child, with a rich family, a stay at home mom, and the best life ever.

Until I got into a car wreck with my mom. It was a horrible car wreck, my mom and I both survived... barely. My mom is paralized from the waist down, and I walked away with only a scratch, a mark left to remind me of that day for the rest of my life.

"Emilee, are you okay?" I hear my dad say as I come too.

"Yes daddy, I'm just fine." I say in my sweetest of tones.

"You scared us honey. I didn't know when you'd come too!" I hear in my mom's most paniked of voices.

"It's fine mom, I'm okay now." I told her, but I don't think I really meant it. I've had weird things gone on in my life since the accident, like right now I know what my mom really thinks.

She is really thinking "I'm scared to death of losing you, why do you keep doing this?!"

And dad, he is really thinking, "Oh thank God she is okay, I hope this doesn't happen again!"

I can hear everything everyone thinks. Like when I'm at school, I know what people truly think of me, when I have a pop quiz, and what my best friend probably doesn't want me to know. This is a torteous thing. I know things people never intended me to know. All I want anymore is to leave, but I want to stay at the same time. I want a new start, but I can't leave Grace. She needs me more then anything, she just lost her parents and is living with me.

------------------------------

Joy, another Friday to wake up too with nothing to do except go to school. Oh how much I wish to leave this dreaded town.

"Emilee, Grace, I have wonderful news!" My mom tells us as we walk down the stairs.

"What is it?" Grace says as I get us some orange juice.

"We are moving! We're moving completly out of state, I know this is what you wanted Emilee! We have a month to pack up and leave."

"Oh, mom! This is wonderful!" I tell her in my most cheerful voice. "Where are we going?"

"Vinita, Oklahoma. A small town north of Tulsa. Your father will be working in Tulsa and driving home every night. You'll enjoy it there."

"Well, we better get to school. The bus should be here soon."

Like I wanted to go to school, but we ran upstairs really quick, if I only have a month left there, then I'm going to remember it for the rest of my life.

About 10 minutes later Grace and I left for school, with a look I use to have and one Grace never had. When we got to school everyone gawked, I actually had my hair down, and Grace looked like a new kid. It was amazing the way everyone was talking to us, wanting me head of decorating again, Grace for President. Oh, how much fun we had with it.

_______________________________

*A MONTH LATER*

School wasn't the only place we had taken over, we took over parks, and skating rinks, things like that. But what they didn't know was, Grace and I weren't showing up at school today, the next day, or ever again. We're outta this place!

You wouldn't believe how many phone calls, text messages, and voicemails Grace and I got when we got off the airplane in Oklahoma.

Wow, if this is Vinita, there is nothing small about it! I just kept thinking and thinking.

Later on we found out that this was Tulsa, and I had a Chrysler Sebring waiting for me! My mom and dad bought me a new car! Oh, this is great!

 With it being two here, noon back home, we went to the mall here in Tulsa and got something to eat. Then headed to our new home.

An hour later we arrived at our new home, and we couldn't be happier. Grace and I drove around the town looking at things to do here for our social lives. Their really isn't anything, just the movies. But I feel safe, and at home here. I can't wait till we start school next week.