Episode Zero part One

"Nee, Lia. Don't you think it's strange?" asked the Great Spirit Puck telepathically to his "daughter".

"What kind of strange, Puck?" Emilia tilted her in confusion, unsure what her contracted spirit meant by his words.

"Think about it, don't you have the slightest bit of suspicion about that man, Pleiades? He claims that he isn't Subaru, but I can't shrug off this feeling that he is Subaru."

"I know what you feel, Puck. But if he is Subaru, then how was he able to stop Rem's attack and inflict her with such pain? The Subaru that we know don't have that kind of power. Even if he does, then why didn't he use those powers against those demon beasts two weeks ago? Then Rem wouldn't have gone berserk in trying to kill those demon beasts for Subaru's sake."

"Uwah~ It's been a while since I heard a lengthy explanation from you, Lia" The cat commented, "I guess you're right, maybe he isn't Subaru. But don't let your guard, if there's something fishy going on call me as fast as you can."

Emilia gave a slight nod at Puck's warning as she gave a side glance to the man who calls himself "Pleiades".

But in her heart, she wished that the Subaru look-alike was Subaru. Then she wondered, How did he become like that?

Meanwhile, another conversation took place at the same time with Emilia and Puck.

"Nee-sama, I hate him."

"I know."

"Nee-sama, I hate how he looks exactly like Subaru-kun."

"I know."

"Nee-sama, I hate how he smells exactly like him. And at the same time, it's more pungent and denser than before."

Ram did not reply. She knew her little sister has a much more keen sense of smell than her since they were kids. A trait that Rem has over her.

But Ram herself was much more observant than her little sister. She knew there was more to the man who calls himself "Pleiades" than meets the eye.

What intrigued her was the actions he made when he "harmed" Rem.

She noticed the way he closed his eyes was something reminiscent of an instinctive action of avoiding a heart-wrenching scene of a loved one. One that only someone who cared about that person would only do.

If he was a heartless enough person, then why did he avoid looking at Rem when he inflicted her "pain"? Why did he go as far as to "remove" Rem's pain and inflicted it on himself?

This doesn't add up Ram thought, If he is an actual stranger, then why would he close his eyes like that?

There were several possibilities. But only one was the likeliest out of all.

Ram slightly shook her head, No, I don't think it's part of Roswaal-sama's plans. I think I should wait and see.

With the turmoil surrounding four of the five occupants as they waited for the viewing to begin. Pleiades -or rather- Natsuki Subaru merely closed his eyes as if in deep in thought.