Introduction

It was roughly half a month since the Mabeast incident. And Natsuki Subaru, the Mather mansion's resident manservant — and probably the only butler that ever resides in that mansion — was happily mopping the floor near the mansion's entrance.

He had done it, he had finally solved the five day loop that caused his four traumatic deaths in the mansion. And he was happy it had ended.

Looking at his back was a fellow servant and close friend, a girl with blue hair with her bangs covered her right eye who wore the mansion's maid uniform, Rem.

"Oi, Rem!" Subaru called out, "Have you finished on that side? Mine is already finished."

"Yes, Subaru-kun." she replied, with a tone that shows her affection, which Subaru did not notice, "Rem has already finished on this side not too long ago."

"You sure? Sorry, but could I be excused for awhile? I had something to check before I start cooking lunch with Ram."

"With nee-sama? But no need to worry, Subaru-kun." Rem replied, "If anything else, Rem would work what Subaru was supposed to work on."

Subaru gave the blue-haired Oni a smile, but deep inside, he frowned. Seeing that she was working way too hard like he had first seen her during the first loop.

It was actually sad when he thought about it. And it has already been a month after that incident could he not take his mind out of it.

Subaru, despite his looks, whose perceptibility honed and increased with every brutal and gruesome deaths made him... quite aware of his surroundings.

Subaru lightly shook his head, Now's not the time, Natsuki Subaru. he thought to himself, She's no longer the person that killed you in cold blood just because you smell like the witch. It's all in the past now.

Quite frankly, the reason she killed him in the second loop was that he smelled and was given mercy-kill due to his suffering from a curse.

Other than that, she would kill anyone who smelled like the witch without any discrimination... Which was terrifying when he thought about it.

"Anyways, hey Rem, could you do me a favor and bring Emilia's tea in her room."

[Line Break]

"Oh, Rem. What are you doing here?"

"Nee-sama..." Rem whispered in surprise, "I was just about to ask the same thing, what are you doing here in Emilia-sama's room?"

It was a short time had passed when Subaru had asked her to bring one of Lugunica's Royal candidate her once-in-a-while tea for the day.

As she opened the door where the half-elf made her residence she found her older red-haired twin sister, Ram, talking to the silver-haired girl she was supposed to serve to; Emilia.

In this current situation, Emilia was also surprised by Rem's appearance. Having anticipated that Subaru was to be the one who brought her tea.

"I was tasked by Roswaal-sama to stay within Emilia-sama's presence for the time being," Ram replied to her younger sister, "Then, what are you doing here?"