Part 13 - Jealousy

Start from the beginning

It's just a hug. It's just a hug. It's just a hug. It's just a-

"Really?! You give him a hug, but not me?! I'm so lovable!" Bolin shouted in pain.

Asami pulled away as she looked back at Bolin, Mako's hands now resting on her lower waist "It's just a hug Bolin.." She said with a small chuckle.

"Yeah Bolin, 'it's just a hug'." Korra said, mocking Asami as she stared at the two of them. The four young adults exchanged looks with each other, Korra more so giving Asami a death glare.

"Right... well, we should.. we should start then." Mako said before pulling away and walking over to the table with the blueprints on it. Asami glanced down at her waist, only now realizing where Mako was holding her that aggravated the avatar so much. She sighed as she turned around and walked back to the table.

Korra huffed as she walked off to the side, opening a folding chair and turning it around. Once the avatar sat down, she leaned her arms and chest the back of the chair, watching Mako and Asami carefully. Bolin followed Korra, sitting next to her normally "Korra..? You alright?"

"I'm fine." Korra mumbled as Asami rolled out the blueprints and paperwork for Mako.

After about a half hour, Bolin had found a few things to make a game out of for himself while Mako and Asami were still talking and now, laughing about things in a language Korra couldn't even understand. Damn car geeks.

Korra was about to close her eyes out of boredom, but Mako's movement caught her attention. He had placed his hand on Asami's lower back then slipped it around to her side, making Korra's blood boil.

"This is amazing Asami! You really have a good head on your shoulders.... and you never cease to amaze me with it..." He said before Asami pulled away lightly, feeling awkward under Mako's arm.

"Oh come on... you're just saying that.." Asami said, looking down.

"No... I'm not..." Mako placed a hand on Asami's chin, making her look at him, only to have Asami take a small step back. Korra widened her eyes as she watched the two, not believing what was happening.

Why isn't she stopping him?

"You're amazing. Asami.. and I mean that. You always have been..." Mako stared down at Asami before starting to lean down to kiss the fair skinned girl.

Korra had gotten up so quickly, it's like she flew. Catching Bolin's attention and knocking over her chair as she made her way over to Mako and Asami.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?!" Korra yelled as she got in between the two, pushing Mako back and away from Asami aggressively.

"Woah!" Mako frowned as he stumbled back a bit "Korra take it easy!! What's your problem?!

"My problem?? My problem!?! Do you think you can just waltz in here and touch whatever you want like she's a damn free for all?!"

"No!!! I never said or did that!! Why are you acting so crazy?!"

"I'm not acting crazy!!!" Korra yelled as her hands turned into fists and without realizing it, she was creating cracks in the floor "You're the one who's being a dirty, can't keep it in his pants little-!"

"Korra!" Asami grabbed Korra's hand and pulled her back gently "Enough!"

Korra stopped and sighed before turning around, her eyes meeting Asami's who's eyes were full of concern and fear.
She's embarrassed of you.

The avatar looked down in defeat "Whatever." Korra mumbled as she pulled her arm away from Asami aggressively, walking to the exit.

"Korra!" Asami called after her, as she walked through the door "Korra!!" She yelled. Mako watched the two girls rush out of the building in confusion.

"Good job, Mako." Bolin said as he crossed his arms.

"What?? What's that supposed to mean?!" Mako asked with a frown as he looked at his younger brother.

"It means good job. Korra was just protecting her best friend from another one of your little mind tricks. You really need to move on Bro." Bolin said, making Mako drop his head in his hands.
~
Outside, Korra was still walking away, furious with was just happened. What could've happened. No, what would've.

"Korra! Wait! Just stop!" Asami yelled as she finally caught up with the avatar, standing in front of her and stopping her from going any further. "Korra he's just being Mako! You need to calm down!" She said, placing her hands on the avatar's arms.

"Calm down!?!" Korra frowned "Him 'just being Mako' is the problem Asami!! What was I supposed to do, just watch him kiss you like it was nothing?! Like it didn't bother me?! Because it did! A lot!! If he knew we were together he wouldn't 'just be Mako'! I'm tired of hiding!"

"Korra please! Just calm down and let me talk!" Asami said, trying to calm down the angry girl.

"You were going to let him kiss you. Weren't you!?!"

Asami looked down at Korra, frowning as she was slightly offended "No!! Why the hell would I let him do that?!"

"Because you didn't try to stop him!"

"You didn't give me the chance Korra!!"

"You should've stopped him the second he put his hands on you Asami!!" Korra yelled, pulling away from her "I'm tired of pretending like what we have doesn't exist!"

"You wanted it this way Korra!"

"That was in the beginning!! For the press! But now...! Now I can't kiss you! I can't hold your hand! I can't even look at you anymore in public!!" The avatar was crying now "Do you know how hard it is for me to sit by and watch the entire world drool over you without saying a word?!"

Asami stepped closer to the avatar "Korra... I know it's hard but-"

"No!!! You don't!!" Korra closed her eyes as she tried to hold back her tears  "I love you Asami!!!" Korra yelled, causing Asami to stand there in shock, staring at her "So much!! So much, that it physically hurts!! I'd do anything for you and I can't do a thing to you! Do you know what that's li-!" Korra was cut off by Asami's lips crashing into hers.

Asami held onto Korra's face, kissing her girlfriend  for the first time in public, passionately too. Even though there was nobody around, it felt good for the two girls to express how they felt about each other freely.

Asami pulled away slowly, but stayed close to the avatar's face, wiping her tears away gently with her thumbs "I know exactly what that feels like." Asami whispered as she stared into the avatar's blue eyes. "I love you too, Korra."

Korra looked up at Asami before pulling her in by her waist and kissing the tall girl once more. After a few moments of their kiss continuing for some time, Asami pulled away looking down at the avatar before pressing their heads together.

"I'm sorry... for everything.." Asami whispered as she rubbed Korra's cheek gently. Korra couldn't find the words to say, so she just nodded as she leaned into one of  Asami's hands.

The two girls stood with each other on the corner of the street in silence until someone from behind them spoke up.

"Holy shit..."

~