"Maybe," Jack said, leaning back in his seat. "Okay," Foley sighed and stood up from the chair, "Fine, let's say it's fake. Let's say whoever filmed this went tall that trouble. Why?" 

"For tricks?" I guessed, looking at Foley. "To convince you that everything you see is unverifiable," I continued. "Why do that?" Salvador asked and glanced at me. "To control the narrative," I answered, "If you can convince everyone that the truth is fake..." 

"Then you can keep that truth and the power to yourself," Jack finished for me. I looked up at him, nodding in agreement. Foley and Salvador looked at Jack and I in agreement. Gabrielle turned towards Jack. "Are you disagreeing with me?" she asked him. 

Jack took her hand off of his shoulder and focused back on Foley's discussion

~~~~

I sat beside Randall at the Blade and Chalice. His arm rested on the back of my chair. I took a sip of my drink. Jack walked into the bar and set a leather book on the table. "Demons," Jack said, "We summon a demon to do our heist. There are hundreds to choose from. They all do different things." Jack turned the book around, flipping to a page. "I found the perfect one," he pointed to a picture, "It's name is Zecchia, it's a baron demon and it steals whatever the summer desires." Hamish, Lilith, Randall and I exchanged a worried glance. "Isn't there demon blowback?" Lilith asked, "Won't we have to do something for it?" 

"No," Jack sat down, "That's the beauty of it, okay? We call them, they show up, we pay the toll, and they do our bidding. It's all about following the protocol perfectly. I read half a dozen books, and It's the one basic rule." Hamish slapped his hand on the book, smirking. "I'm in," Ham-dog said. I raised my eyebrows and looked at him confused. Lilith looked at him and nodded. "Me too," she said. "No, thanks. No way," Randall shook his head, "Not a demon, not ever. Quintuple negative." 

"You wanted a new plan, here it is," said Jack. "Okay," I sighed, "but you're talking about a demon. A demon! One that has fiery red skin with shark like pointy teeth!" 

"You're talking full-on Order magic here," Randall said. "That doesn't make you nervous?" I asked, facing Jack. "Says the girl who wanted to be a war-wolf," Lilith retorted. "Uh, werelock," Hamish corrected. "Guys, this does not make us converts. It's just a means to an end," Jack said, looking at Randall and I. "If we do this, the end is us," Randall said, "totally absorbed in the order." 

"What we saw in the fear corridor were nightmares, not prophecies," Hamish insisted. "How do you know that?" I said, "For all we know, they could come true. I'm willing for that to not happen." Hamish rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat. "Demons are in hell," I said. "I'm pretty sure Hell is a Judeo-Christian concept applied to scare people," Lilith countered. Hamish looked at her and let out a small laugh. "Demons are from everywhere they are," Randall continued to argue, "We shouldn't try to draw them into our....wherever." He waved his hands as he spoke (GIF Above). "Well look," Jack said, "Yesterday you two were all 'Whatever it takes', and today you're all 'no demons,' so make up your mind!"