Jealousy

This story was requested by @kagehina0621 ! Enjoy! (And I apologize for it being super late!!)

Your POV <3

I hate how much I want attention (mood-) but, seeing my best friend and crush drooling over the pretty manager ever time they see her. One point I showed up to practice less and less, I know I'm being over dramatic especially since they're dating but for some reason it just annoys the hell out of me! Not even that, it's the fact that both of my closest friends basically have to tell me everyday that their life revolves around her if they ever get the chance to stop drooling and actually talk to me. At this point basically no one talked to you inside or outside of the school. No one noticed until I stopped going to games and basically disappeared from the face of the earth. As soon as people realized I didn't show up to their practice games or their games they tried reaching out, but I wasn't gonna let that happen. After days I picked up my phone

27 missed calls 

99+ messages 

11 voicemails

I never gotten this many notifications before, this was new, and it felt different. Unfortunately I had to restrain from looking at the messages or my voice mails when there was a knock at the door. I opened it and look who it is, "Hey, are you okay...?" Kiyoko said in her perfectly soft voice. I immediately slammed the door shut, she's the reason for my disappearance. I looked out the window as she waited "what the heck...?" I thought. She knocked on the door again. After two more times I finally opened the door, "What do you want?" I said in a stern voice. She simply replied but still managed to make it sound like an elegant song "I wanted to know why you're showing up less. Everyone's worried" I scoffed. "If they were so worried, then why are you here?" My resting face slowly started to turn into a more annoyed one, I believe she noticed this too. "Well, most of them were busy, and Hinata basically told me that your vanishing is kind of my fault." That little tangerine spilled- "So I wanted to come apologize for whatever I did." I rolled my eyes "Sure, whatever you say" I start slowly closing the door, when it stops. I look down and her foot is in the door. "(Y/N) please, tell me what's wrong." I look away from her perfect features and just start breaking down, I try to cover it up... "It's not fair." She looks at me confused. "You're so perfect people would kill to be with you, or to even be you." She starts slouching a bit watching this is painful. "Everyone's eyes are on you, and some how you just soak it in with confidence. Prettiest girl in school, standing right here at my door step. You're the reason I disappeared, and I wish you never tried to reach me. I wish none of you did." I close the door one final time. She walks away. 

Time skip: You start showing up at school again a week later.

Everyone on the team perks up when you start showing up to their practices again. Surprisingly, the person most attached to Kiyoko was the most worried. The bald man himself, Tanaka. He caught you into a big hug "I missed you so much, I was so worried about you!" You thought another country could hear him at this point. "I missed you too..." I said with a soft voice. He cupped my face... HE'S HOLDING MY FACE-! I start internally panicking, his hands are so soft... He finally lets go when the others start doing a stupid group hug, me being in the center. I smile a bit knowing that they're all happy I'm back. "All right, let's get back to practicing... and welcome back (Y/N)." Daichi said, I smile and nod as he smiles back. After a bit of practicing, Kiyoko sits next to me. She quietly says "You like Tanaka, don't you?" She smiles a bit. "W-what!? N-no, we're just close friends-" she giggles a bit "come on, you can tell me... I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I hope I can make it up to you some how." she holds out her hand, I shake it. "Fine... and yes, maYBE I like Ryu..." "AWW-"  Yachi squealed, my eyes widened "Uhh... how long w-were you there for?" I stumble over my words she leaned in and whispered "Enough to hear that you like Tanaka~!" I start worrying a bit since two people already know about this, and I've seen how quickly word goes around school. "I swear, if both of you tell anyone, you're in trouble-" Kiyoko nods and Yachi does the little mouth zipper thing. 

A couple weeks go by and everyone is looking at me and whispering. "What's going on?" I thought. I study my surroundings and I find Nishinoya " Dude, why is everybody staring at me?" he looks at me with a look of slight horror "no one told you-" "told me what?" I start to get impatient. "Word around school is that both you AND Tanaka have feelings for each other." I loose focus and just start questioning how this happened.  The big bald baby in my life walks up and stands next to me "so, what's up guys?" I smile a bit, he smiles back... he's so pretty- "Well we were talking about ho-" I glare at him like I might kill him. "a-about how... excited for the next game we are! yeah!"  Tanaka looks a bit confused, cause of how badly Nishinoya covered that Tanaka pats his head and we all head off to class. 

I sit down and take out some books before someone taps my shoulder. I look up and see a bunch of random girls in the class huddled near me. The girl in the front, with a very annoying voice, said: "So, are you and that scary guy like a thing now?" I look at her wide eyed "N-no, we're just close friends" one of the other women spoke "Oh yeah, doesn't that pretty lady with black hair date him? Her name was like Kiyoko or something?" the other girls nod in agreement "yeah I think I like heard that somewhere" I feel sick hearing that. Class begins and I can't focus on anything because of it. Great.

It's finally lunch time I sit next to Yachi and we start eating out lunches. She gently elbows me "so when are you gonna tell him?" I pause eating "what-?" "she looks "When are you going to ask Tanaka out!?" I cover her mouth with my hand "not that loud." she nods, and I release my hand. "He doesn't like me anyways, he like stupid pretty Kiyoko or whatever" I pout like a child. "I wouldn't say that just yet~" I look at her confused. Next thing I know she pushes a bit over on the bench ("I was OVER ON THE BENCH-") I look up and see Ryu. My eyes goes pale hoping he didn't hear anything that just happened. "Hey (Y/N), can I sit with you... IF THAT'S OKAY OFC, CAUSE I MEAN YOU ARE LIKE TOTALLY-" I giggle a bit and Yachi disappears into the shadows magically "Yes, you can sit here." after a few minutes, Ryu spoke up "so uh, I kinda wanted to ask you something" I look up at him and a rose blush laid on his cheeks. "I uh-" I tilt my head a bit "I wanted to uh-" he looks at the hallway next to me. 

Rewind: Tanaka's POV 

I ran into the gym yelling "DUDES! I NEED HELP-" They all look at me like I'm crazy or something, psh. "yeah?" Little orange boy said "So uh... I think I might make my move today" They all give me thumbs up " Hinata and Kageyama both smirk evilly "I swear if you two say or do anything you will fEEL MY WRATH-" "It's okay Tanaka, we'll help you" Daichi says. "Thanks bros, you're the best" 

Back to where we were: Your POV (Hinata, Kageyama and Daichi hyping him up in the background"

"You okay Ryu?" I cup his cheek and place my hand on his forehead to make sure he doesn't have a temperature or anything. His face grows redder "I-I- wanted to ask you if you maybe...wantedtogoonadatewithme?" my face is completely washed over with shock. "It's okay if you say no I know it's stupid I'm ju-" I interrupt him with the biggest hug I can give "I'd love to!" He smiles brightly hugging me back. (The three in the back celebrating) 

OMG I'M SORRY THE WAIT WAS SO LONG AND I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO LONGGGGGGGGG

I hope you enjoyed tho, because I know I did (I'm about to cry rn) 

Word Count: 1500