A Little Family Time

Start from the beginning

"You are aware Daniel and I hate each other yes?" Lucifer reminded you.

"I know, but this is important, and I wouldn't ask otherwise."

You shifted your weight from one foot to the other as you impatiently awaited his answer.

"Where exactly are you going?"

You sighed, lowering your voice a little.

"I'm... I'm getting milk..." You cringed at your own poor lie.

Lucifer scoffed, crossing his arms as he waited for a better explanation than that.

"Please Lucifer..."

"Alright then love, I'll help you out, but in exchange you tell me all about this little adventure you're about to go on when you get back. Tit-for-tat my dear, I help you, you indulge me."

"Wouldn't you rather I owe you one?"

Lucifer laughed, waving a hand dismissively.

"Oh father no. I wouldn't waste a favor on this, no we'll save that one for later."

"Okay, yes. I'm going out the back, and remember I'm going out for milk."

Lucifer's eyes widened a bit when you opened your kitchen's bay window, you caught the look he gave you and smiled sheepishly.

"I don't have a back door."

And with that you were gone.

Lucifer stood there a moment processing what he had just witnessed. He laughed a little, turning and walking back into the living room where Dan still sat on the couch.

"Where’s Y/N?"

Lucifer sat himself down in your armchair an amused smile tugging at his lips.

"She said she was going out for milk."

He wasn't necessarily lying, that was what you had told him and that was all he really knew. Dan frowned.

"For milk?" Dan said slowly.

"It's what I'm told." Lucifer muttered pulling his flask from his suit pocket.

"I didn't see her leave."

"Oh yes, she went out the window." Lucifer hummed.

Dan looked taken back at the unexpected information, looking at Lucifer in disbelief.

"What?"

Lucifer nodded as he unscrewed the cap on his flask.

"Yes it was actually quite entertaining to witness." Lucifer chuckled.

Dan just stared at him, his eyebrows drawing together in a look of exasperation.

"Such a pity, even your own cousin would rather trapeze out a window then talk to you." Lucifer smirked.

Dan scowled at him, setting his coffee down and standing to his feet.

"Okay. Goodbye."

Lucifer watched him leave before settling back in the chair, deciding to wait for your return.

~

You didn't return until much later that evening, stumbling into your home with a hand pressed to your side. You hadn’t expected anyone to be there, so when you saw Lucifer rummaging through your DVD collection you were a little surprised. However, the pain in your side quickly wiped away your surprise, instead replacing it with relief that there was someone there who could help you.

"I see you're making yourself at home." You joked tiredly.

Lucifer jumped a little turning to face you. The smile he had quickly morphed into a frown when he saw the way you were heavily leaning against the wall.

"Are you alright?"

He took a careful step forward, but jumped to catch you when he saw your knees buckle. He caught you just before you hit the ground.

"Oh yeah I'm good, just a small inconvenience." You forced a smile.

Lucifer felt the hand on your waist grow wet and his frown deepened as he lifted your shirt enough to expose your stomach.

"Were you shot?" His voice rose in a slight panic and you laughed a bit, patting his chest with the hand that wasn't covered in blood.

"No, no, that would be bad..." You muttered.

God you were sleepy.

"I got stabbed." You gave him a lazy smile.

Lucifer stared at you incredulously, shifted to gather you into his arms. He stood, making carrying you see effortless.

"We need to get you to a hospital."

You grabbed his shirt tightly, shaking your head.

"The first thing they'll do is call Dan. I can't tell him why I got stabbed. I've got a suture kit under my bathroom sink."

Lucifer stared at you as if he was deciding whether he should take you to the hospital anyway.

"Besides I've got a story to tell you remember? It works better if I'm not drugged."

Lucifer sighed, setting you down on the couch. He watched for a few more seconds until you gave him a small thumbs up. He smiled a little before disappearing down the hall to grab your kit. You kept your eyes open to the best of your ability, as you listened to his footsteps returning.

Lucifer helped you sit up, laying a towel under you before pulling the foot rest over to the couch and sitting on his. He opened your suture kit, grabbing the scissors from inside and cutting your shirt open enough to access your wound.

"Stay awake love, can't have you dying on me." He said softly.

You turned your head to look at him, eyes half lidded as you nodded.

"Let's hear that story then yes?"

He was keeping you awake, while still getting the story you'd promised him. Clever man, your lips twitched into a smile and you took a small breath.

"Alright... I guess I should start by explaining what it is I do for a living."