Two

I was leaving my last class for the day and was looking around in my purse for my keys. This week has been awful and I'm so glad it's finally over. Right now its currently 7pm on Friday night and I was planning on going home and locking myself in my room with some ice cream because I finally hads some time to cry about what my parents announced on Tuesday when they came to visit me for my birthday.

Which of course was the fact that I'd be marrying Jayden Hinton probably next summer. Maybe sooner. Which would be even worse. 

I stopped as something fell out of my purse and made a clanking sound onto the ground. I sighed, there my keys are.

"I do believe you dropped these," a man bent down before I could to pick up my keys. "Whoa, a Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4?" He said with surprise while looking at my keys, then he looked up at me.

Fear seeped into my eyes as I recognized the man as Rider Chanley. Oh crap. Hopefully he doesn't know who I am.

His face scrunched into confusion, "do I know you?"

"No," I answered quickly and he narrowed his eyes and looked down at my clothes. I was wearing baggy grey sweat pants that were riding a little low on my hips due to the fact I was trying to seach through my purse and carry my books all at the same time just a second ago. I had a pair of black Vans on my feet that were a little worn because I've had them for longer than I'd like to admit, but they were really comfortable and I wasn't all about buying new shoes every week. My top was a regular black tank top and I'm sure in my current uncomfortable position he could see the edge of my bra peeking over the top. Also, my top was riding up so I'm sure he could see a lot more of my stomach than I would have liked.

I watched him as he studied me a bit more and I wanted nothing more than to grab my keys and run. But due to the fact that I'll be formally introduced to him sometime next week, I knew I better not make a fool of myself or make him an enemy. Despite the fact I hated his very purpose for being.

His eyebrows scrunched in even more confusion as he looked at my hair and face. My hair was pulled into a pony tail, but it had loosed and was now very off centre on my head. My face had no trace of make up because most days I don't feel like putting any on.

As you could guess, I wasn't at my best right now. Actually, I was far from it. But that's what happens when you take later college classes becasue you get up later and work from home for a couple hours. Also, I didn't have to go into the office tonight so I really didn't want to have to dress up before my crying and ice cream session.

"Are you sure? I think I would know someone who drove a car as expensive as this one." He placed his hand on his chin for a second as he thought. "Do I know your parents then?"

"No..." It sounded more like a question. I was pretty sure my parents have never met him or his friend Jayden Hinton. They jus tlike what he's done that's written on paper, they don't care about how he is as a real life person. And that is a terrible, horrible, tool.

I watched as he thought for another minute while rubbing his chin that he always left a little stubble on. This time it was my turn to examine him. Sure, he has always been attractive, I'll give him that. Just not my type.

He was dressed in skinny black jeans and a slightly baggy dark grey t-shirt that had a bands symbol on it. It sureprised me when I realized what band it was and it was one that I rather enjoyed listning to while driving in my car. On his feet was a pair of white leather martins. He suited them very well in my opinion. His brown hair was messy and rather long. It stuck up all over the place and in the right light you could see a bit of a red tint in it. How did he have such perfect hair, I guess I'll never know. Even when it's messy like this, it looks purposeful.

Geez, I know he's attractive but I can't just stand here oggling at him. I have ice cream calling my name.

"Can I have my keys back?" I asked hesitantly because he was still thinking.

He smiled a little and held out his pointer finger towards me. "First, I have a question that you must answer truthfully."

Ah crap, this can't be good. I slowly nodded my head and he smiled even more at me. I was terrified now. He was probably going to ask me to give him a ride home or maybe meet him back at his place - neither of which was going to happen becasue first, my reputation runined. Second, not that type of girl. Third, theres the fact that I'm technically engaged to his best friend and have to meet him formally next week. Last, and fourth, he discusts me.

" Are you single or with out a partner at the moment? And if you happen to be my nest question is, would you like to get paid to pretend to be someones fiance for six months to a year?"

My mouth dropped open. What do I say to that?

"I'm taken," I answered imeediately. I know I technically was and I'd do anything to get out of it, but not whatever this is.

He shrugged, "well, it was worth a shot." He held out my keys and I took them from him quickly and he carried on walking away like nothing had happened. I watched him for a second before scurring to my car in the parking lot.

When I was seated inside with all of my books and my purse in the passengers seat beside me, I took a deep breath. That was weird confrontation with Rider Chanley. My first time ever seeing him in person and he asks me if I want to pretend to be someones fiance? What?

Wait what?

Why was he asking me that specific question? Who's fiance? Did he need to cover up some bad thing he had done? Or one of his friends bad things they had done... This didn't make any sense to me.

Whatever, now's not the time to care about Rider Chanley and his idiotic friends. Now's the time to go home and cry into a bowl of ice cream because my life has spiralled out of control and it can't get any worse than an arranged marriage to Jayden Hinton.