Part 1- Connection

"What's this?" Miles Edgeworth looked down at the glowing purple stone that Maya Fey has just given him. It irradiated colourful energy as it slipped into his hands

"Oh that's a megatama, like a magatama but more powerful. Say would you mind holding onto it for a while so I can clear the rest of this stuff up?" the girl responded, packing her possessions ready to move into her new apartment. Living where she wants has been a dream for Maya ever since she was little.

Miles was there, helping her, on behalf of Phoenix who was currently working on a case with his agency.

He twiddled with the small rock in his hand, its purple aura mesmerising the prosecutor. Somehow it felt familiar, but he wasn't sure how or why. Perhaps it's the warmth...?
"Is there anything more I can do to help you, miss Fey?" Miles asked, his eyes still fixed on the megatama despite him wanting to look up at the young girl.

"Nah not really. Thanks for all your help Mr. Edgeworth!" she turned around from her suitcase to see silver eyes fixed on the stone in his hands like a child staring fondly in awe at their favourite Christmas present.

"... Do you... Wanna keep it?" Maya asked, moving towards him ever so slightly. "I don't need it for anything at the moment"

Miles shook his head and met with the girl's eyes, placing the megatama in his breast pocket.
Wait, did I really just do that?
He reached to fish it out again.
This stone only feels familiar that's all.
Only Kay would take anything of the slightest interest to her.

"Honestly Edgeworth, it's fine, you can keep it safe for a few days while I move into the apartment" she said, zipping up the case and placing it on the ground, wheeling it behind her.
She moved towards the door before saying, "oh, by the way, don't hold it too often or it may have some weird side effects"

"Side effects..?" Miles repeated, curiously, raising an eyebrow.

But the girl had already left the building.

---------------

Miles promptly left the apartment and drove back to his office. It was around midday, but he was feeling exhausted from moving Maya's furniture out of the apartment and into the van to be taken to her new home.

Miles slumped onto his sofa and sighed, drained of all energy.
Bored, he pulled out the rock and fiddled with it again. Somehow it felt even more familiar than the last time he touched it, and even weirder, he felt as if it was giving off... Some kind of life.

Warm...
Soothing...
It reminds me of--

His thoughts were cut off by his phone ringing,

"Hello?" he answered.

"Miles?"

"Fa--" he cut himself off and almost dropped the phone. His knees felt weak. He took a double take just to be sure.

"Hello?" the voice changed.

I must have been caught up in my thoughts...

He put the stone down hesitantly and gripped his phone with both of his hands

"Yes, I apologise, I was caught up with something". His voice sounded a bit stressed.

"Miles if this isn't a good time I'll call you later" the voice chuckled.

"Mr. Shields, I am fine, I've had a long day that's all."

Their conversation continued as per usual, Raymond had made it his duty to keep in touch with Miles every week after the events involving the P.I.C, and he was even taking in Kay at the Edgeworth Law and Co Offices to study law under him if she wants to before the "Yaragaratsu's Grand Return", which probably isn't happening any time soon.

Miles never mentioned anything about taking the megatama, in case Ray made some kind of joke about it, most likely to do with girls and relationships. At least he took Kay being his "mentee" seriously though.

------

The day went by amazingly quickly after that. Miles placed the megatama, which had given him renewed energy to do his work, on his desk next to the Steel Samurai figure as he did his paperwork.

However he found that his mind was often drifting to what Maya said:
"don't hold it too often or it may have some weird side effects"

If she didn't want anything "weird" to happen, why did she give it to him in the first place?

Miles would soon understand what she meant by that, deep into the night...

//
Aaahhhhhh I tried ;-;
Uh
Anyone wanna see another part?
Also there's some small NaruMitsu moments in this coming up but only hints, nothing too big.
👏Ghost👏Greg👏is👏coming👏