The Forest Of Dean

Start from the beginning

"Get to the hard part, girls." Harry said to the pair of us and Hermione nodded for me to talk.

"She introduced him to Dumbledore. It made sense. Dumbledore's mother had just died, Grindelwald was troubled and they were both brilliant..." I started and then looked to Hermione.

"...But they'd never really had anyone they could talk to on the same level. They did a lot of talking that summer. But they always returned to one particular subject." She said to him.

Harry looks up.

"Wizards rule over Muggles." We told him.

"And Dumbledore believed in it?" Harry asks as he looks up to me.

"Yes." I answered him, Harry nods, looking at the photograph again.

" 'For the Greater Good.' What does that mean?" Harry questions.

"It was something Dumbledore came up with. He believed wizards were superior and should rule over Muggles, but gently, for their own good. Grindelwald took a more violent position." I explained.

Harry shakes his head, staring at the book.

"It was a different time, Harry. It was one summer. Dumbledore was young—"

"We're young, Hermione. And here we are, risking our lives to fight against the very thing Dumbledore supported." Harry said to her sharply.

"He changed, Harry. Years later, it was Dumbledore who put Grindelwald in prison." I informed him.

Harry stares at the photograph of the laughing thief one last moment, then tosses the book away.

"Where's my wand? I'll take the watch." He said changing the subject, Hermione hesitates. Her expression makes him apprehensive.

"Hermione? Where's my wand?" She slowly gets up and points. There, lying by the fire, is a shattered stick.

He picks it up gently, sees that it is nearly severed in two. One fragile strand of phoenix feather holds it together.

"It's my fault. As we were leaving Godric's Hollow, I cast a curse and it rebounded... I'm sorry, Harry, I tried to mend it but wands are different—"

"It's done." He said to her.

"Maybe we can—"

"It's done," Harry repeats, his tone puts an end to it. She nods.

"Leave me yours. You get back in the warm. And give me that." Harry gestures to the locket. Hermione starts to speak, then simply hands it over. She starts to leave and then pauses.

"He loved you, Harry. I know he loved you." She trails her fingers lightly over his hair, and he closes his eyes.

"I know..." was all he replies with and she smiles before motioning me to follow her.

"Potter," he looks at me and I take my beanie off and hand it to him, he gingerly takes the beanie out of my hand and smiles.

"Let's go in, Hermione," I say and we left him to watch.

(Early morning- the next day)

I sat against the bed Hermione slept in, I had my eyes closed as a small smile made its way on my face. Ron has just saved Harry from drowning in a frozen lake.

My eyes open and I sigh, "now we wait." I touch my own necklace and then clutch it in my hands. I missed George and I missed the Weasley family I've been growing up with.

Polar Opposite SiblingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara