the forbidden forest

Start from the beginning

“Your Sirius’ kid. God that means that means your my cousin.” He says. He looks around and looks up to the sky. “It's about dinner time, we should go back and you should talk to dumbledore. This is serious.” He says. He helps me stand and covers me with a black and green cloak over me covering my ears and now short hair. We walk in and I immediately make a beeline to my father.

“Dad I have to tell you something.” I say and keep myself covered completely with reds cloak.

“Yes child?” Dad says and I groan.

“Not here in private. Nobody can know.” I say. He nods and we leave the great hall and go to his office.

“Now dear child what's wrong.” he asks.

“I was bit in the forest this morning.” I tell him.

“By what?” He asks.

“Um how bout I show you instead of tell you.” I say taking off the cloak and my father gasps. I look down and can feel tears coming into my eyes. They start falling and I sob into my hand. “I forgot what day it was and took a walk. I'm not going to be able to stay at school. People are going to hate me.” I sob my body starting to shake. Dad looks at me with sad eyes and gets up pulling me into a hug. “He didn't mean to  Please don't be mad at him.” I say hugging him back.

”I'm not mad dear child. But I will have to go to the ministry. Let's talk about the changes that will happen now.” He says sitting me down and I nod. Fawkes comes over and rubs his face against mine. I pet him and dad looks at me. “You will become an animagus. And the form you take will be a fox. People will see your appearance but werefoxes are more accepted than werewolves because you are more docile. Red must have sensed you were family in his shift and attacked. It doesn't happen very often hence the reason they are rare. He must have been lonely and needed a friend.” Dad says and I nod. “I will make arrangements for you to stay with a friend of mine, a werewolf he could use the company. Your patronus should be a fox, but it is quite possible that it will take the form of something else.” Dad says and I nod my head.

“Who will i be staying with? And have you seen Storm?” I ask. I see Storm run into the door with Draco Behind him and he gasps upon seeing my features. I look down as Storm lands on my shoulder. I pet storm who Thrills angrily at me cursing me out for leaving him behind.

“His name is Remus Lupin, he was best friends with James, Sirius, and Peter before everything happened.” dad explains and I nod my head. “Also be aware that you will have all sorts of animals following you. Unlike red who scares them away they will follow you everywhere so beware.” Dad says and I nod leaving with Draco. I avoid eye contact and pull the hood of Reds cloak over my head and go to the great hall to eat dinner before it's over. I walk in and sit next to Red and Dean who are talking and Draco sits with us and his friends soon joining us from somewhere else at the table.

“Hey kiddo again, I'm sorry,” Red starts and I cut him off and look at him so only he can see my face.

“If you apologize one more timeIi won't hesitate to tackle you. It's ok dad explained it all to me and he's making plans for me” I say quietly. “Hey bubba. Is it ok that I call you that?” I ask Dean who nods.

“Ya your my little brother, couldn't ask for a better brother” He says ruffling the hood on my head. He removes his hand and I see one of Draco's Friends, Pansy to be exact, Reach up and suddenly the hood is no longer on my head and literally all eyes are on me. My ears twitched and I suddenly couldn't breathe. I stand up quickly, Red's cloak falling off revealing my ripped shirt and I quickly stagger away not being able to breathe. I ran out of the great hall and ran into someone but I could breathe to apologize but they helped me stand. They help me to the dungeons and leave as I run into mine and Dracos room. I run into the bathroom and claws grow from my nails and I claw open my binder, the concealment carms still on. And suddenly feel my bones shrink and reposition themselves. I look down and see two black paws before I look into the mirror seeing an orange fox staring right back at me.