Friday, December 2nd

Start from the beginning

San shot a glare his way and pulled his Charms book out of his bag before turning back to Mingi. "I'm not siding with anyone," he told him. "I'm just saying that I understand why he would be upset because of that."

Mingi looked down at the empty piece of parchment spread out in front of him. He pouted in defeat but didn't say anything.

"Don't be stupid, bro," San added and put his hand on Mingi's larger one. "Yunho likes you and you like him. Both of you just need to stop calling each other out for what you do and don't do with your dicks."

They were forced to stop talking when Knotts started to explain the Aguamenti Charm's effects and how they were supposed to cast it. Long story short, it was a spell that allowed its caster to conjure a jet of clean, drinkable water from the end of the wand. Knotts then placed an empty bowl in front of every student in the room and told them to use Aguamenti to fill it with water.

It didn't take San long to get the hang of it and after about two minutes, he had already filled the bowl in front of him to the brim. Mingi however had a much harder time, which spoiled his already sour mood even further. No matter how hard he tried to get his wand to produce more than a few droplets of water, it just wouldn't do what he wanted.

San would've tried to help him, but he knew that his stubborn friend would hate that even more.

"How come you're always making it look so easy," Mingi complained as he shook his wand in frustration, sprinkling his Charms book with droplets of water in the process.

His mood didn't exactly get better when that trend continued at combat spell practice with the others. Mingi had mastered the wordless casting of the basic spells by now - due to his endless solo practice outside of Hongjoong's lessons – but his struggles returned as soon as they started to work on new ones.

Hongjoong demonstrated four new spells to them, using a reluctant Seonghwa as his victim. He started off with Petrificus Totalus, a curse that causes the victim's arms and legs to snap together, causing them to fall. He also taught them Flipendo, knockback jinx for both people and objects.

Everyone seemed to have adjusted to the new set of spells fairly quickly after around two hours of practicing, except for Mingi. Jongho tried his best to help him, but Mingi's frustration with himself grew exponentially after trying and failing to knock back the chair in front of him for the twentieth time.

Nonetheless, they continued to practice on until around four in the afternoon, when Seonghwa excused himself, saying that he needed to report back to the headmistress.

"Don't rat us out though," Jongho joked, earning a chuckle from Seonghwa, who then turned to leave the room.

He was soon followed by Hongjoong who claimed that he needed to go to the Owlery, Yunho who just wanted to return to his common room, Jongho who headed to Quidditch practice, and Yeosang who tagged along with him, claiming that he didn't have much else to do.

San decided to head back to the Slytherin Common Room as well and was already on his way out when he turned around. "Bro, are you coming?" he asked Mingi, who hadn't moved an inch.

He was still standing in the middle of the room, his wand still in his hand, and shaking his head. "I'll stay behind and practice some more," he said.

San smiled and nodded before leaving. Once outside in the hallway, he spotted Yunho and quickly caught up to him. He then reached for Yunho's arm and held him back, causing him to turn around.

"San, what's up?" Yunho chuckled, sounding confused.

"I just, um, wanted to say that you're doing really well with the new spells," San replied, pulling him aside.