"Good!" she smirked.

"You want something? Are you hungry?" He asked and pointed at a fast food restaurant beside them.

Theresa stared at it. She shrugged and replied, "All I need now is ice cream! I'm grieving!"

They sauntered to the place and Alex opened the door for her. She nodded and walked in.

They settled at a booth close to the window. Alex scanned the menu. He quirked a brow and asked, "What are you ordering?"

"Ice cream! Duh!"

"Hey, you don't have to be rude!" he glowered.

"You were asking me a silly question!"

"Was I?"

"Yes!"

"I wasn't!" he declared.

"Ugh! What are you ordering?"

He smirked and replied, "None of your business!"

Alex ordered one hamburger and a bottle of cola. Theresa went with her ice cream.

She placed the big cup at her front and stuffed her face with it. She sniffed and rubbed her eyes. "I'm not going to cry!" she whispered.

"Why not?"

"Why would I cry in front of you? I don't want you to mock me!"

His eyes softened and he whispered, "I won't! I promise!"

Her bloodshot eyes bored into his. She suck in some air and sighed. She took one spoonful of the ice cream and placed it in her mouth.

"Argh!" Theresa screamed. "Brain freeze"

"This is the punishment you get for rushing ice cream!" Alex scolded.

Theresa sighed and stared at the red, white and blueberry ice cream. She felt a warm hand on hers. She raised her head and saw that Alex had placed his hand. She looked at his face. He had a calm expression. When he squeezed her hand tenderly, Theresa could tell her body was burning up. His warmth whirled from her hand into her body. Her heart lurched and tears simmered in her eyes.

"Death sucks!" Theresa mumbled. "I feel so hurt. He was just a young man. How could they have done this to him?"

Alex used his thumb to rub circle on her hand. She sighed and shrugged.

"Did you know that Don was a mafia?" Alex asked.

"Err..."

"Well, he is! The police officers found out! He is also a murderer!" Alex grimaced. "That's why I can't feel pity for him".

"Hey," she snatched her hand from his. "He was doing his best to change. I'm serious. Don was willing to change".

"There is nothing I can say about that!" Alex heaved a sigh.

"I know!" Theresa looked around. "When you are done eating, can we board a taxi? I need to go home"

"And cry?"

"That's none of your business!" she hissed and crossed her arms over her chest.

Alex and Theresa got into a taxi and they headed back to her mansion. When Thelma was told that Don was dead, she cried. Theresa trudged to her room. She sprawled on her bed and heaved a sigh.

It hurt! She was hurt! She felt like her heart was stabbed and it ached. Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. It rolled down her cheek, leaving a mark like the trace of a slug on a leaf. She forced her face on the pillow and screamed.