Sudden Love part 1

Shadow's P.O.V

Today was the day I never looked forward to because it brought back to many horrid memories....Maria's birthday. It's even worse when I'm around faker and the others having to deal with their constant idioticness. 

Third person P.O.V

Shadow was walking through the park with his hands in the pockets of his jacket. As he walked further he saw Sonic and knuckles training and Silver watching silently. He stopped and stared at Silver for a minute or two. Shadow had always saw Silver as....more then a friend but, he would never admit it to anyone. Silver looked towards Shadow, crimson eyes meeting gold. Shadow quickly looked away and headed into the woods surrounding the park.

As Shadow walked deeper into the woods memories of Maria and the ark floated around his mind. A tear came down his tan muzzle as he approached his destination. He stared out to a meadow filled with flowers with a small pond in the middle of the clearing. It really was a breath-taking site. It reminded Shadow of a photo Maria had shown him of earth...big open field with the most amazing plants and flowers.

Shadow walked to the edge of the pond and sat down. He put his head in between his legs and thought about the day when his best friend in the whole universe met her end. He remembered her smile, her laugh, her dead body.....

He sat there for what felt like forever, quietly sobbing. He didn't remember the last time he had cried. He never let his emotions out, good or bad. He tried to stay emotionless but it was hard.

Shadow's ears perked up when he heard someone approaching him. He whipped his head around to see none other than Silver The Hedgehog standing above him.  "Shadow....are you ok?" Silver said in a calm, concerned voice.

Shadow felt so weak and pathetic to have Silver see him crying like some wimp. "I'm fine ok?!" Shadow snapped back, trying to look tuffer than he did. Silver went and sat next to him instead of just leaving him.

They stayed there in silence for about a minute before silver started talking. "Shadow....I can see the pain in your eyes. What's wrong?" Shadow stayed silent, staring at his reflection in the pond. Silver sighed before speaking again. "Shadow....you can tell me.....I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to but you clearly need to get something off your chest." Shadow slowly turned his head, crimson eyes meeting golden once again. "Today....is my best friend's birthday...but...she's gone...." Shadow whispered trying to hold back more tears even tho there were many streaming down his face already.

"oh....I'm so sorry shadow....I know this must be hard for you." Shadow was surprised by his response. No one else had ever listened to him and understood his pain. He tried to tell Rouge about Maria before but she just ignored him and ran off with Knuckles somewhere. Then when he wanted to talk to sonic about it he just said "thats nice shadz..." and left him by himself.

Shadow looked at silver's face. He then lunged into him and hugged him tightly. Silver gasped  in surprise and blushed a lot but quickly returned the hug. Shadow sobbed into silver's chest the most he has ever in his life. He knew he looked pathetic but he needed this. He DESERVED this.

"It's ok....let it all out..." Silver whispered while rubbing soothing circles on the other's back. Shadow kinda liked how Silver was treating him, he enjoyed it. About 10 minutes had passed and shadow finally started calming down. Silver was startled when he felt a soft purr coming from the dark one. Silver was blushing but still rubbing Shadow's back, assuring everything was ok. 

Shadow stayed there, his face in silver's chest fur, listening to the steady beats of silver's heart. Soon he drifted off to sleep, laying against the psychokinetic hedgehog. He didn't care anymore really, he was happy he finally felt loved again after a long time...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooooo...part 2 anyone?