Chapter 1 /The Night

3rd person POV:

   It was a snowy December night and a bloodlust could be smelled from the Akabane's household. The two Akabane twins, Lily and Violet were hiding under their bed instructed by their mother as she left to go fend off the intruder that broke into their home. Lily had no idea that in that moment her life was going to change forever.

Lily's POV:

   All I could hear was the clashes of my mother's sword coming from downstairs. Me and my twin Violet were hiding under the bed as Mother was fighting off the intruder that broke into our home. The noises were scaring me as I was thinking about my parents wondering if they were okay. Then the noises just stopped in an instant. Violet came out from the bed which caught my attention from my thoughts. I gave a small tug on her night dress catching her attention.

"Lily, I need you to stay under here. I'm going to go see what happened and call the police. Please just stay under here. I promise I'll be back."

I nodded my head in approval. She shut the door behind her as she left to find where Mother and Father were. I stayed under the bed hoping my parents were okay and that Violet came back soon.

Violet's POV:

   I ran out of my room to search for my parents. When I reached the staircase I stopped dead in my tracks to the sight in front of me. I then heard someone approach me from behind which caused me to turn around to face the person in fear.

"Looks like I found one of the twins. Now forgive me for what I have to do to you."

I let out a scream and then everything blacked out. I'm sorry Lily, I broke my promise.

Lily's POV:

   After a few moments of waiting in silence I heard a scream come from downstairs. That must be Violet, she must be in trouble. I got out from under the bed and ran out of my room, but when I reached the staircase I was met with a terrible sight. Mother and Father's bodies were laying on the floor bleeding to their deaths. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs I collapsed onto my knees, my body violently shaking in fear. Mother and Father have been killed. They're dead. Tears started to fall out of my eyes as I began to cry.

"Lily?"

I looked up seeing my mother trying to get to me. I immediately moved closer to her, taking her hand and holding it close to my face.

"Mmmm"

I let out a small noise since I couldn't speak. The reason why is because I stopped speaking when I was 5 and since then I was a mute.

"Lily, listen to me. You and your sister need to get away from here. Someone is trying to harm you and your sister. Go with your sister and find your Uncle Fukuzawa, he will take the both of you in and will protect you two. Please promise me you two will stay out of danger. I don't want anything to happen to you two, my precious flowers." She let out a cough and I noticed the blood coming from her mouth.

"I'm sorry Lily. I wish I could've had more time with you, your sister, and your father, but sometimes life can change in an instant. And I know this will be the last time you see me, but know I will always be watching over you and your sister." She wiped the tears streaming down my face with her thumb and I noticed she started crying. "I love you, my little flower. I will always love you. I'm so sorry that I have to leave so soon. Goodbye my little flower."

She closed her eyes drawing her final breath. 'No mother.' I shook her body to try and wake her up. This can't be real. She's dead. I sobbed on her knowing that my parents are gone for good and now me and Violet are alone. I then realized I have to go find Violet. I stood up wiping my tears away, taking one last look at my mother. 'Goodbye Mother.' I began walking away from her body, beginning my search for my sister. I walked around the house looking for my sister until I noticed a shadowy figure looking at me, this must've been the intruder that killed my parents. And I realized that they had my sister with them. I stared at them with fear and started backing away slowly.

"Ah I finally found the other twin. Now I want you to come with me and I won't do harm to you and your sister." They looked at me with a sinister smile plastered on their face. "Nnghgghh" I let out a noise of distress then I started running back to my room. I locked the door behind me so the intruder wouldn't enter. I grabbed my satchel and began packing everything I needed to run away. After packing the last thing into my satchel I put on a coat and my shoes before making my way to my window. I was hit by the freezing December air making me shiver. I took a glance back to my room reminiscing the memories in this room. I took a big deep breath and jumped out the window landing into the snow outside. I stood back up and began running away from home. The more I ran the more tears streamed down my face as I got farther away from home.

??? POV:

   I unlocked the door to the child's room noticing the window was opened. "Oh my, it looks like the girl ran away. Either way she can't run away forever. I'll be able to find her and once I have her in my hands she'll lead me to the book that will help me wipe out all ability users." I looked down to see the other girl that was unconscious. "You'll be of use to me to help with my master plan in the future, Violet Akabane."