CHAPTER 57 PART IV

Start from the beginning

He nodded his head and readied his staff as he chanted an incantation, she moved through the portal and rushed as fast as she possibly could to the arena.

As Dandril moved through everything around him slowly began to die as he drained its chaos, but he could sense the great energy at the core which he knew he had to reach. As he moved through Zariya the people formed a resistance, using anything they possibly could to subdue, or slow him down.

Toby watched in fear as he saw Dandril begin to easily move through the defences "oh, no, what do we do?"

Wayde said to him "keep him back for as long as possible" he caught one of the spirits floating around and pinned the down, saying to Toby "can't believe the chaoswielder has actually decided to place others first"

Toby said happily "well thats Lizzie for ya, always the selfless one!" he hit away one of the spirits.

He chuckled in response "indeed, you don't get a chaoswielder willing to give up their own life to save others, don't ya lad?."

Toby froze in fear "I'm sorry, give up what?"

He stood up and gave him a confused look, before realising "she didn't tell you?"

Toby panted in fear and swung his hammer as he flew away "keep him as far away as possible!"

Claire and Marc flew through the skies ensuring that no spirit had caused too much aerial damage "yeah!" Claire shouted before rubbing his head earning a hum of delight from Marc "Good job babe!" He purred slightly before trying to dive down but was shocked when he saw Toby, tilting his head in confusion, she asked "what are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be at Zariya?"

He said in a rush "Dandril is here!"

"Are there enough defenses by the arena?" she asked him but he remained horrified as to what he was about to say "Toby talk to us!"

He burst out "Liz is going to sacrifice herself!" he shouted, they flinched at the news "when she finishes the mission she's going to die!"

Claire shook her head "No, no, no, that can't be true, she must have found a different way!"

He shook his head "why do you think she hasn't told us what she's gonna do yet?"

They finally realised "we need to get to her, quick!" Claire said, she patted his head and he huffed before nose diving towards the arena. As he flew his eyes widened as he saw the arena engulfed in darkness and corruption, she muttered "oh no, he's already there"

As Toby soared he noticed the surroundings as it all began to die "and it looks like he's winning!"

Marcus roared loudly and shook his head, Claire nodded her head and patted his back "we've gotta get to them both, fast." she looked back at the arena "he's already killing her because of his corruption, we can't let him take the last ray of light!" she scowled as she said determinedly "We can't lose our friends again!"

As Jim led her through the tunnels she was barely awake, his voice merely became an echo as her eyes began to flutter closed. He picked her up in his arms and said to her "you've gotta stay with me Liz, It'll be over soon I promise."

She tucked her head against his knape of his neck "I can't feel my arm" she muttered.

He looked down at her in worry and held her tighter "just a little while longer" he asked of her, his voice desperate "I won't lose you"

She pursed her lips as her tears began to fall, she got closer to him, not wanting to let him go "you won't" opening her eyes, they widened in fear as she saw him stalk towards them "No!" she got out of Jims arms and pushed him aside.