A Death to Remember

Start from the beginning

The sky that was briefly emerald from the dark mark turns black once more and The emerald Dark Mark vanishes.

We were sent to our dormitories later on and no one said a single word, no one knew the horror behind the death of Albus Dumbledore... except for Harry.

"Hey," I slowly lift my head and nod. "Don't go doing anything stupid, okay?" Susan says to me before I walk forward and bring her into a tight hug.

"Stupids my middle name," I whispered into her ear as I slowly let Susan go and left the dormitory to go find Harry.

-

"I'm glad they told me the password," I say as the portrait opened for me and I went into the Gryffindor common room. Everyone was dead silent as they stood or sat around the main area.

"Don't ask," I say before I kept walking up the stairs to find the boys dorm.

-

I knock before entering the sixth year dorm and saw Ron, he jumps in surprise as I shut the door behind me.

"Where is he?" I ask Ron quietly, he pointed down the hall and I thanked him quietly as I kept walking.

"Wait," I stopped and Ron pauses for a moment before saying, "did you see him do it?"

"What?" I ask.

"Did you see Snape kill him?" Ron asked, "you know? Through your— what do you even call it?"

"My vision?" I ask, he nods his head and I sat down on the bed. "I did." Ron looked confused.

"Then why didn't you stop it?"

"Because Snape had been giving me potions to stop me from seeing things, I only got a flicker tonight as it happened." I explain, "it was delayed, he was already dead before I could even do anything... I'm sorry Ron."

"Harry's in the bathroom," Ron said, then he smiled slightly, though it didn't last very long as he looked dull. "And we thought Snape, that slimy git, was really on our side after all this time..."

"We all wanted to believe he was going to help us, Ron," I told him, "we thought he was going to save us from the Death Eaters, or at least help... but he was with them the entire time."

"He's a Death Eater too," Ron told me.

"I know," I reply, "so is my dad, my brother, my mother... I know who Snape is, but by the way he was helping us in the order... I didn't think he would really be going back."

"Well, he's a Slytherin," Ron said, "two faced and a slimy git, just like your brother, your father—"

"My family, I know, but remember you're also calling Sirius one too," I glare, "and Sirius was a good man, a good family member... a friend."

"Don't tell me—"

"I'm not defending any of them, Ron, I'm just saying you're reminding me of where I came from and I don't really appreciate it."

I stood up from the bed and sigh, I just wanted to go find Harry and see if I could talk to him.

"I'm sorry," Ron said, touching my shoulder, "sorry..." he pulled me into a hug and I bit back tears as the washing feeling of guilt hit me. Dumbledore's gone, we are no longer safe, Harry is no longer safe...

"What do we do?" I whisper, "Ron, what do we do?" I ask, "we— we've got no one to protect us, the enchantments Dumbledore made will vanish— oh no!"

"Hey, hey," he coos, tightening his arms, "hey, Shh... it's okay, McGonagall and the other teachers can put them back up, we'll be fine."

"But—"

"Trust the ones who have been here through it all," he said, "we trust McGonagall and Flitwick, Professor Sprout... we trust them, we have them."

"Yeah... yeah you're right." I whispered, feeling the slightest bit better.

-

"Decent?" I ask, knocking on the bathroom door before walking in, Harry was sitting on the floor of the bathroom and I knelt in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asks me quietly. "You shouldn't be here, you know?"

"Coming to see you, isn't that obvious?" I ask as he slowly looked up at me. "And I do what I want, when I want."

"Your brothers mission was to kill Dumbledore," Harry said quietly, but hastily, "did you see it happen?" I shake my head at him.

"No," I answered, "I've been asking Slughorn and Snape to give me potions that reduce them from happening."

"He killed Dumbledore, Celia," Harry says above a whisper. "Snape... he killed him," Harry sniffled as he wiped under his glasses and then looked back at me, tear tracks were on his reddened face.

I sigh, wiping his face softly as I frown at Harry, I too had swollen cheeks and puffy eyes from crying, but I wanted to be here for him.

"Would you like me to do something?" I ask Harry quietly.

"Everyone I consider family or a friend dies, Celia," Harry told me, "Sirius, my parents, Dumbledore." Harry lists, "Cedric..."

"Hey," he looks back up at me, "Ron and Hermione are also your family, the Weasleys are your family and..." I purse my lips before smiling, "I consider you family too."

Harry faintly smiled at me, I hoped it would cheer him up even the slightest bit, "he cared for you very much, Harry."

"Thanks," Harry said before I slid down beside him and pulled him into a hug, his arm laid across my knees as he went rigid in my arms before soft sobs were heard from Harry.

"I'm going to be here for you, no matter what, Harry, you're my dearest friend, you're my family." I say, "it's going to be okay."

I softly hum a small tune while I rubbed his back, he just sobs as my eyes closed, trying not to cry from his sobs. The thoughts of how safe everyone was going to be next year or even now spiralled through my mind.

Were we going to be safe?

Is the school going to close down?

What will the ministry say?

What are we going to do if more death eaters come to our school?

Why are bananas yellow?

My face screwed up at my last thought as I just rub his back as he tightened his hold on me. Being awkward, I just listened to the poor kid as he wailed in agony for yet another loss in his life.