Life before crime

My addiction almost caused the death of me, I was always fascinated by death and how he can take someones life at any given moment. When I was around the age of ten, my father worked in a morgue while my mother was keeping track of the house with me and my twin sister Susan, she was also our teacher, she was the most precious thing to me, I loved both of them equally. One day my mother took us to the mall to shop for groceries, we've always been stared at because of my father's line of work. she would drop us of at the toy store telling us that we can buy one toy each. She'd always come back with candy and we'd split it and give the rest to mom and dad. When we got back home, our dog Beatrix (a Corgi / husky mix) would actually help us bring in the groceries like always, "mom, don't you think Beatrix is getting fat for a 3 year old dog?", my mother looked at him with his wagging tail and said "well he is getting big, thats just the way he grows, he's still energetic as always".

   A few days past and my dad suddenly came home early, He was looking a bit cheerful which was strange given his job title. He saw me peering into his studies staring at him "come on in Darren, no need to stay out there," as I walked in, i saw my dad had a bag with a shiny yellow stone on his mahogany desk, "what's that stone for? Why is it so yellow and shiny?" (forgot to mention that their mother haven't taught them about rocks and minerals yet), father looked at me with a face of glee " this, my dear boy isn't a mere stone, this is a pure gold nugget worth more than than my salary. I found it in the stomach of a man during an autopsy, I have no idea why he swallowed it in the first place", my father had a befuddled face expression which made me laugh. I've read some Sherlock Holmes books which makes me want to investigate how and when the man swallowed the gold. While I was in mid thought, father interupted me. " This is the reason why am here at home so early, I wanted to show you all at dinner that we might be a bit more financially safe." I was happy for a while and then snapped back to the thought of the man who swallowed it " did you clean it before you brung it home?" he laughed pointing out that of he did. 

   Two years past and I was finally able to go to my fathers's job, "don't be scared if any of the dead bodies turn into zombies", I looked at him with a straight face thinking 'do you really think I would be scared, I'd enjoy it and study them'. We walked into the main office of the morgue so my dad can clock in, I saw some one else walk into a white lit room, I caught a glimpse of someone's pale toes and decided to go take a look but before I could even get to the door I was stopped, " come on, lets get to work my boy" father said in a mischievous tone.