Chapter 26 Homeworld Part 4

Black Diamond's pov
I softly placed my hands on the large doors, taking a deep breath before opened the huge doors. My eyes widening in shock at the sight before me. I held my breath and I stood still, not moving a muscle. I couldn't move my body at all.
-Pearl? Is that you?

The gem before me said in a soothing sad voice, noticing that someone had opened the doors. When she didn't receive an answer her head slowly turned towards my direction and my heart were beating violently in my chest.

Her eyes widened when she noticed my figure in front of the opening. Her blue eyes filling with tears as her mouth trembled.
-B-Black?

The gem said, her words piercing right through me. I gave her a sad smile, my vision going cloudy with tears that was forming in my eyes.
-Hello Blue, it's been awhile.

I said calmly with a sad tone to it. Tears streaming down my face. Blue choked on her sobbbing, her tears pouring as she picked me up with her hands, brining me up to her face as I was being squished on her cheek.
She repeated my name quietly over and over again, repeatedly for a long minute.

I half heartedly chuckled a sad sob and tried to hug her face. Trying to calm the diamond down as she was now drowning me in her tears.
I saw Steven in the corner of my eye, Lapis and Pearl also with him as they were looking at us from behind a pillar.

I smiled softly towards them and waved them over, signaling them that it was safe. They exchanged each other looks but gave in as they obligated and walked out from their hiding place.
-It's alright Blue, I'm fine. You can let me down again.

I said softly with a geniune warm smile on my face as I stared at the diamond before me. Blue opened her eyes, looking at me with an hesitant sad look. I nodded towards her and she sighed softly in defeat.

She softly put me back down to the ground, then wiping her tears away with the back of her arm.
-Where have you been all this time Black, I- We thought you were.... shattered.

Blue said hesitantly as if she said the word "shattered" that I would just dissappear. That this was a dream she was to afraid to wake up from.

I sighed, sitting down as I knew this would be a loooong explanation. I waved the gems over, to get closer. I wanted all of them to hear about my tradgic story that blossomed in the end.
-It's actually a long story really, it started with me entering the Reef with my pearl to fix my form that had been damaged during an fusion attack at Homeworld. But something wasn't right, the AI in that reef was malfunctioning and trapped me inside the room. I told my Pearl to summon help but when she was gone, Rose Quartz and her pearl walked into the room, poofing me. They trapped me inside their base in a bubble for million of years, only recently I was released by Steven, a human native. I've been living on Earth for about a month now.

I explained to Blue, Pearl winced when I talked about her and Rose poofing me and she looked away in guilt. When I said Steven's name I looked at the boy and he waved an hello to Blue.

Blue stayed silent for a couple of seconds until she fixed her gaze on Steven.
-So you must be Steven... It's an honor to meet you. Even though our mistakes at the trial I'm grateful that you freed Black.

Blue said calmly, as she was still trying to process all the information I just gave her.
-It's okey, even though I have my mom's gem I'm not her but my own self. But everyone makes mistakes.

Steven said, ready to forgive the gem that almost killed him and Lars at the trial. He gave Blue a soft smile and she returned it.
Blue's eyes were now glued back on me as her smile faltered.
-I know you haven't told me exactly everything that happened, but I will wait patiently until you are ready to explain the full story.