Sports Festival?

(Katsuki's POV)

"HAHA! I WIN AGAIN!" She yelled. I groaned, laying down on the floor. How is she so good at this?!? I wondered. We were playing a game similar to Candy Crush, but against one another, on her PS4.

"I can't even see your moves half the time, how do you do it?!?" I complained.

"Years of playing Candy Crush against my mother. That's how. She is AMAZING at Candy Crush... even I can't beat her without a miracle size of luck." She giggled at my defeat. She put on some headphones and then slid a disc in that I recognized. "Maybe you'll like this one better."

I watched as the game popped up on the screen, and grinned. "You have no idea how good I am at this game." Rocket League loaded and I saw the dark theme she had going for her car. "Interesting."

After a moment of customization, she started a match. We naturally went against each other, and I looked over at her half way through the match. She had her tongue stuck out of the corner of her mouth, headphones on, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Cute...

My team ended up winning, and her face was stoical as she watched my team appear on the screen. She lay down on her bed and sighed. "You weren't kidding about being good." I climbed up next to her.

"Of course I wasn't! I'm good at everything!" I said proudly.

"Oh really? I bet with enough time I can name something you're terrible at!" She smiled. I grinned at the challenge.

"Try it!"

"Hmm..." She trailed off in thought, her finger against her lip. "Making friends!" She cried, her face breaking out into a smile of pure evil.

"NO! I'M GREAT AT MAKING FRIENDS, AND I'LL PROVE IT TO YOU!" She pouted, clearly not believing me. I leaned in closer to her. "I'm friends with you, aren't I? Who else do I need?" Her cheeks turned pink, and she averted her gaze from me.

"I... I dunno... but still!" She turned back to face me. "I'm friends with almost everyone, so that doesn't count! You could manage to make ONE other friend!" She whined.

"Are you complaining? Just means you have me all to yourself~" I purred in her ear. Her face went red and her mouth dropped open.

"E" After a moment's silence, she turned with a surprised look on her face. "I totally forgot! I was supposed to have dinner with you guys, but because I was in the hospital I couldn't!" When what she said clicked, I winced.

She pulled out her phone and started typing. "Who are you texting?" I asked, leaning over her shoulder.

"Your mom." I jumped away.

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE HER NUMBER!?!" I freaked out. She looked up, thinking.

"I ran into her at the grocery store and got her number then." Then she returned to typing.

Y/n: Hey, sorry about missing dinner with you guys. I'm guessing Katsuki told you about me being in the hospital?

Mitsuki: Yeah, he did. It's fine, we can reschedule!

Y/n: How about this friday?

Mitsuki: That sounds great, see you then! Also, tell Katsuki to get his ass back home.

She quickly turned off her phone and turned to me. "Mitsuki says 'tell Katsuki to get his ass back home', so I'm guessing you should be going now." She got up and dusted off her knees. "Well, tonight was fun, so thanks for coming over!" She smiled. My face heated up and I turned away quickly and headed out the door.

"Oh! Tell Mitsuki that she owes me five bucks~" Her mother called after me when she saw me walk out the door. What for? Did they make a bet or something? And mom LOST?!? What's going on? I sighed and went home.

-Friday-

While I was drawing, as per usual, I heard something that made me perk up. "Your fight's not over yet." What? I thought we were done with villains, at least for now! "The UA sports festival is coming up." I sighed and went back to not paying attention.

Everyone was filled to the brim with excitement, or at least almost everyone. Mineta looked like he was about to pee his pants, and I really didn't care. Suddenly, a random line came into my mind. I turned the page and wrote it down.

Suddenly Jiro tapped my shoulder. I gasped and jumped in my seat. "What was that page you were just on?" She asked.

"Oh... I've been writing a song..." I trailed off. She smiled.

"Wanna work together? I heard you can play a few instruments, and put together we could probably make a whole record!" I smiled softly.

"Maybe. I'll talk to you about it later!" I giggled before turning to Izuku, who I felt staring at the back of my head. "Yes?"

"O-oh! I was just wondering, how are you feeling about the Sports Festival?" I stared blankly at him.

"I really don't care." The room went silent and everyone turned to look at me. Their glares clearly said 'WHAT?!?'. "It may be surprising because of my quirk, but I don't really like the spotlight. I have stage freight." I admitted, my cheeks turning a light pink.

I stood up and walked over to the door. "Besides... my quirk makes it almost unfair." With that, I watched as Katsuki stood up and opened the door. While everyone was fighting, I slipped out silently, my small form squeezing between people and disappearing from everyone's view.

Once out of the crowd, I fell to the floor and finally started breathing again. "Humans!" I sighed, exasperated. A hand appeared in my vision, and I looked up to see a boy with messy purple hair. "Oh! Hello..." I said quietly.

"You looked anxious to get out of there. You seem different than your classmates, shortie." I stared into his violet eyes, trying to read him.

"Yeah... I don't really like people all that much." He laughed at that. I smiled, and we began to walk together.

"So what's your name little 1-A girl?" He asked.

"Y/n L/n. You?"

"Hitoshi Shinsou. Quirk?" He asked. I looked away from him.

"Siren."

"Mind Control." I looked up to meet his eyes. "We both take advantage of others. Our quirks seem villainous. We're a lot alike, you and I." I nodded.

"How about I give you my number so we can continue this conversation another time? My... dog... is going to freak out if I'm late." I said, remembering the dinner I had set up at the Bakugo's. I wasn't completely lying... Katsuki was a bit dog-like... protective, hyperactive, and very possessive.

"Okay..? Here." He handed me his phone and I typed in my number, putting in my name.

"Bye, Shinsou!" I waved, smiling. He waved back, his face one of slight confusion. I had the feeling me and him were going to be good friends.

End of Chapter.