You couldn't control the sudden anger that flushed through you. You didn't like bullies. Rolling up your sleeves you stomped your way to the boys.

"The only pathetic one here is you," you're eleven year old self seethed, marching up to the scene with a clear purpose.

You made sure to get right up in the bullies faces so as to take his attention away from the boy on the ground - who shot you a grateful look as he picked himself up from where he was frozen on the platform.

The blonde seemed to have lost his bearings at your sudden appearance for only a moment. He hadn't expected there to be a third party in this interaction, but too quickly for your liking his self-satisfied smirk played along his lips once more. It would come to be one of your greatest irritants when dealing with him in the future.

"And who might you be, flower?" the boy asked, a condescending tone to his voice you didn't know was possible to achieve at the age of eleven.

Nonetheless, you weren't disheartened.

"Someone you're going to be having problems with if you don't apologize for pushing my friend here," you said firmly, then added as an afterthought, "And don't call me flower."

You could feel your nose scrunching angrily in the way that made your mother smile, and hoped it didn't hinder the intimidation you were trying to embody. The blonde boy merely narrowed his eyes, as if unsure what to make of you.

"How do you know I pushed him?" the boy asked.

That caught you off guard.

"Excuse me?" you said, knowing full well what the boy had done even if you hadn't seen it with your own two eyes.

"I asked," the boy said, annoyed that he had to repeat himself, "did you see me push him? How do you know I wasn't trying to help him off the ground?"

You huffed out a breath of disbelief. Of course that wasn't the truth; it was ridiculous. The fear in the other boy's face would be enough to prove what had truly happened.

"Just because I didn't see what happened doesn't mean I didn't hear it. Also-"

Unknowingly, you had just made your fatal mistake.

"So you agree, that you didn't actually see what happened?"

You felt the presence of the blondes's two followers drawing closer to you, and the boy from the ground had all but escaped into his cloak like a turtle to his shell. You didn't foresee getting any help from him, though you couldn't blame him.

"Well I-"

You tried to hold your ground, but your opponent wasn't going to let you gain leverage.

"I don't think you had any idea what was happening before you butted in."

The boy took a step forward. You had no choice but to take a step back. The fire that had flushed you, and pushed you to step in was now nothing more than dying embers on a cold winter's night. Embarrassment flushed your cheeks.

"I-"

"Maybe if you weren't so nosy you would have come to find I was helping our friend Nevile here pick himself back up from where he had clumsily fallen over his fat feet- Ow!"

You had panicked.

Despite being nothing more than a child at the time, Draco Malfoy was already able to spin words and create fanciful tales of half truths that had you second guessing the validity of reality.

As a young girl you hadn't been accustomed to that type of manipulation, and had only understood the basic instinct that told you you wanted it to stop. Before you had any chance to think things through, you had hastily flicked the boy's forehead. His focus had stuttered, cutting him off mid-thought.