I

You gaze out into the crystal blue ocean as you drive along the beachfront, car window ajar allowing the salty, warm breeze to kiss your skin gently. The sun glimmers brightly in the sky, not a single cloud in sight and you feel as though nothing could possibly go wrong.

Deidre invited you on this beach trip as a last minute getaway. She knew you'd been having a bit of a hard time with your mental health recently, so she decided to rent a beach house for the two of you to try and help you get out of your "funk" as she called it. Two weeks of relaxation with nothing to worry about. Just lounging around in the warm sun with your best friend for 14 days. You simply couldn't say no.

Seeing as Deidre has been your best friend for the majority of your lifetime, trips like these aren't uncommon in the slightest. In fact, you've been on so many vacations with her and her family that you can't even fathom going somewhere like this without her.

*

"Do you wanna stop and grab something to eat before we get to the house?" The sound of her voice draws you from your almost dazed state and you turn to look at her as she drives. Immediately at the mention of food, your stomach gurgles violently, loud enough for both of you to hear which causes you both to burst into a fit of laughter.

"I guess that answers your question better than anything." You choke through laughter.

"Well then," She giggles, "McDonald's, here we come!"

The two of you purchase almost the entire McDonald's menu and eat approximately 3/4ths of it in the car before you're finally headed to the beach house with bloated tummies and quenched appetites.

Eventually, you're pulling into the driveway of a small, teal beach house facing the ocean. The house is lifted on stilts due to its position near the ocean and the paint is slightly worn, chipping away on the wooden slats most likely due to past tropical storms. There are two sets of steps, both leading to a wrap around porch, one coming from the back of the house (where the pool is) and one leading directly to the front door. It's quaint and homey and you love it.

When you'd initially pulled in, you hadn't noticed the other car parked in the driveway, but now that you're stepping out of Deidre's car, your gaze falls directly onto the bright yellow Ferrari parked only a few feet away from you. There is only one person you know that owns that exact car.

"Oh! I forgot to mention, Harry is staying here too."

You whip your head in Deidre's direction, your jaw nearly dropping from its hinges. "Why didn't you tell me that earlier??"

She shrugs casually as she swings the drivers door shut and walks around to the back. "I guess I forgot." She presses a button on her keys and the back door slowly opens in front of her. "Plus, I didn't think you'd mind, the two of you have always gotten along."

"Deidre, that's not why I'm upset-"

"Great, then what's the problem?" She interrupts, eyebrows raised in question as she stares at you. You definitely aren't one for violence, but the image of smacking her directly across the face flashes across your mind for a moment and you seriously consider doing it. "He's just here to relax like us. And he's paying for the place, so I couldn't really say no."

You let out an exasperated groan in response, slamming the passenger door shut and stomping around to the back of the car so that you can retrieve your own bags.

The truth is, you and Harry had gotten along in the past, which would give you no reason to be panicking right now, but something you hadn't told Deidre was that for the entirety of your childhood, you were madly in love with him. Yes, he's older than you by a few years, but that never stopped you from pining over him from the ripe age of six. You had watched the way he treated his two sisters and mother for so long and fell in love with his kindness and care for others. You used to daydream about the day he would realize his love for you, but of course Harry got famous and that day never came.