Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"No," Jack stood up from the couch, "They don't have all of our stuff. They stole it." He nodded his head towards us. "So let's steal it back," he finished. Hamish chuckled in disbelief. "No, No," Jack said, "Look, all of our stuff is in their vault. So if we take it back and we steal all of their stuff, doesn't matter if anyone knows we have our memories back or not, cause we would have ripped the heart out of the Order and left them spurting arterial blood all over the wall." 

"Are you suggesting?" Randall stepped forward, "A magic heist?"

"Yes, a magic heist," Jack agreed, smirking. 

"Magic heist!" They yelled. Hamish and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes, we soon joined our friends chanting. 

~~~~

~~~~

"The only challenging part will be moving everything out and stashing it," I said, "We can't keep it here

"The only challenging part will be moving everything out and stashing it," I said, "We can't keep it here." 

"I may be able to help with that," Hamish said, smirking. The five of us soon arrived at Hamish's apartment. "This is unbelievable," I said, "You own this, but you were still living at the den?" I walked over to the couch and plopped myself down. Randall walked over and sat down beside me, putting an arm around my shoulders. "Well," Hamish sighed, "I find wolfing out in downtown Norwich basically impossible." Lilith and Jack looked around the room. "Will this  hold the contents of the vault?" Hamish asked. "Yeah," Jack replied, "This'll hold everything." 

Randall stood up and joined Lilith by looking around the room. "We're doing a magic heist!" He yelled. I shook my head, giggling. "I can't believe you own this apartment," Jack said as he glanced at Ham-sandwich. "I own the building," Hamish claimed, bowing his head slightly. I looked at the boy in disbelief, slightly laughing. 

"You do realize we have one small problem," Lilith said, but I was to preoccupied with looking at the pictures that were hung on the wall. "None of us can access the reliquary," Lilith added, I looked down at my nails. I soon realized that the four wolves had all grown quiet. I looked up and saw all of them looking at me. 

"Oh no," I said and shook my head, "There is no-" 

~~~~

I stood in front of where the temple was hidden, Randall stood behind me. I turned around to look at him. "Are you sure this is going to work?" I asked him, he stepped closer to me. "I promise," He said and gave me a sly smirk. I sighed in annoyance and made my way inside the temple. I opened the door and saw Alyssa. 

"Hey," I greeted, she looked up. 

"Oh hey! What's up?"

"Just wanted to check up on my friend," I said, "I uh, wanted to return something." I dug into my backpack and grabbed the cauldron. I set it down in front of her. "Why didn't Jack return it?" she asked, picking the item up. "Oh uh," I gulped, "He had to go to class to do some extra credit." She nodded her head. 

"Cause you know, Jack loves to do extra school work."

"That sounds so much like Jack," she commented, sarcastically. "Why did you really  come here?" she soon added. I searched my brain, trying to come up with a response. "I needed some help," I said, "With Daniel and I." 

She nodded her head, picking up the broken pieces of glass. "What do you need help with?" she questioned. "Daniel has been acting weird, he just- I can't trust him anymore," I said, "That's uh all I needed to have help with." She nodded her head again and wiped her hands on her jeans. There was a long pause between us. "I killed that girl," she said after a while. I gave her a sympathetic smile. 

"Jack didn't tell you did he?" Alyssa asked, "About my magic." I shrugged and picked up the cauldron. "There's really no secret," I said, "Cause you know, anyone here is going to find out you don't want to kill someone." She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Sorry," I said, "Joking uncontrollably is my coping mechanism." 

She continued to shake her head in disbelief. "This...." she trailed, "Is my everything and now I'm going to lose it forever." She looked at her hands, I quickly turned around and grabbed my knife. I cut my palm and muttered, "Mihi transferat." 

"What?" she questioned, looking at me. I reached for her hand and patted it. "You'll get your magic back," I said, "Don't worry about it." 

"Wait, what?" 

"You're going to be alright," I said. "No before that," she spoke, "You said something else." 

"Jeez Alyssa," I rolled my eyes, "I'm just trying to be a good friend." 

"Are you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. "I thought I was," I said, "I guess you know a hell of a lot better." I walked backwards, my back faced Alyssa. She called after me, but I ignored her calls. 

~~~~

The Knights and I approached the double walls to my mothers office. Randall and Lilith stood on either side of me while Hamish and Jack were on the other side. I played with the hem of my dress. I took my jean jacket off and tied it around my waist. "Are you sure this is going to work?" Randall inquired, looking down at me. 

"What happens if it doesn't?" Lilith asked. 

"This better work," Hamish said. 

"It has to work, right?" I said, "Cause if it doesn't, then this would have been for nothing." I looked up at Randall, he put a hand on my shoulder for reassurance. I held my arm in front of me and the sigil glowed on the palm of my hand. The wooden doors swung open, revealing my mothers office. We all looked at each other with grins on our faces. We stepped through the vaults entrance of the corridor. The long hallway was filled with torches and candles. "Whoa," I said, shocked at the well lit hall. "This is to easy," said Lilith, "It's like Vera wants to be robbed." 

"It's like taking candy from a baby," I said, chuckling. 

"Don't jinx it," Hamish replied. Randall glanced at me and smirked, he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.  On either side of me, my friends started to transform into their hides. I reached for my head as the familiar pain began on the sides of my face. I fell forward and immediately felt the touch of grass and dirt. I opened my eyes, rubbing them clear of tears. "What the hell..." I muttered. I stood up from the dirt floor and wiped off the gravel and dirt. 

"Guys!" I exclaimed, "Hamish! Randall! Lil! Jack!" I turned around, scanning for any other sign of life or death. 

"Guys!" I yelled, my back faced the trees and bushes behind me. I looked behind me and saw myself standing in front of my mother. "Hey!" I yelled, running to the two people. My mother reached for the knife in her pocket, but my clone waved her hand. The silver knife flew across the grassy field. I dodged out of the way before it could reach me. "Please..." my mother begged, "You have to control your powers." 

"You did this to me!" my clone yelled, "You are the one who made my life shit!" The clone swiftly grabbed an arrow from behind her, cutting the palm of her hand. 

"Movere uel ego te Occidere," the clone muttered. My mother was flown up in the air, she landed on her side. I ran over to my mother's body and saw the clone had completely disappeared. "M-Mom," I stuttered, "Oh my god...."