CHAPTER ONE

~Authors note~
Hi, guys thank you so much for the comment, vote, views on this book.
Before you proceed to read this book I would like to give a shout out to one of my very good friends _FionaDickens_.
You guys should totally check the amazing cover she created for me.
Kindly please comment and vote on her book using the link below:
https://my.w.tt/G8aH1SsHN9

Chidinma! Chidinma!! Chidinma!!!

My brother shouted as he was tapping me gently to wake up and get ready for school; I opened my eyes angrily and said;

I'm up.

I'm up.

Wake up, sis, we've got a big day ahead of us, he said, and pecked me on my forehead. Chi, stand up; go freshen up and move to the dining room table for us to eat breakfast.

I always smiled when he called me Chi because I liked it.

I stood up sluggishly and went to my closet to pick up my school uniform. Then, I entered the bedroom while, my elder brother Chigozie was on my bed scrolling through my text messages, which he usually does as instructed by my parents to monitor my activities on the internet.

Besides, Chigozie has always been a good brother and protects me from critics.

After having my bath, I started wearing my school uniform: a sky blue sleeve shirt and a grey printed skirt with a golden-red tie that is similar to my brother's uniform. I packed the books I had for the day into my backpack and said; give me my phone, he rapidly gave me, I kept it inside my backpack.

As he quietly stood up from my bed and laid his hands on my shoulder and said: You look magnificent, Chi!

We both entered the dining room table, sat down, and greeted our dad in unison, he replied happily; good morning my beautiful children

Hmm...

My pumpkin pie has grown so big that I can't even recognize her again.

But dad you always tease me about how big I am and not Chigozie.

He's the one that has grown, not me. He then smiled. Hurry up and eat your food when you're done, go tell your mother you're ready so that you too will go to school early; she's busy with something very important.

As he was about to leave, to go to Abuja for a conference meeting, he stood up and kissed us on our forehead; waved at us before he went into his car to go to the airport.

We then said we'll miss you, dad

I'll miss you more, my little angels.

Be sure to be good.

OK, dad!!!

We waved until he was out of sight.

Quickly, we went to the dining room table to take away our plates and washed them. We hurriedly called mom from her room while she was in her makeup table staring at the mirror, she said; how are my two lovely pumpkin pies?

Did you enjoy the food?

We gazed at each other and responded in unison, yes.
We all ascended the stairs to the car. On our way to school, I and my brother Chigozie were discussing last semester's work.

Hey, guys hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Make sure to vote, comment, and share this chapter with your friends, and don't forget that the first 30 people to follow me, gets a follow back!!!

Good luck👋

And don't forget to comment on this book.

Love ya all❤️❤️❤️❤️

Peace✌️