"That was an excellent impression," June said, crossing her legs. "For a minute, I thought you were McGonagall."

Oliver gave her an irritated glare.

"June, we need the Firebolt. If we don't win now," he shook his head, "we're out of the league."

Juniper tilted her head as she eyed him carefully. "We will win against Ravenclaw, Oliver, don't worry."

Oliver eyed her for a long time, making her rather uncomfortable.

"June, I've been meaning to ask you something —"

"There you are!" a third voice exclaimed and Angelina strode over towards the two of them. June jumped up, holding her book tight into her chest in the process. "Diggory is waiting for you outside the portrait for your Prefect round."

"I'll be there in a minute," she said, before running off to her dorm, throwing the book on her bed and taking a robe from her chair. The black haired ran back down, strode through the common room, ignoring Angelina and Oliver, and climbed through the portrait hole.

"Diggory," she greeted him, giving him a nod. "Good evening."

"Black." A smile played on his lips. "Good evening to you too."

"Ready for our rounds?" Juniper asked, straightening her robe. "We're checking the second floor, right?"

"There's a change of plans," Cedric said, as the two of them walked away from the portrait, "Professor Snape ordered us to check the seventh floor instead." He frowned. "I don't think he wants us to patrol around the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom."

Juniper shrugged. "There is never much going on over there, anyway. Perhaps we have more luck on the seventh floor."

Cedric grinned amused. "You just want to catch someone out of bed, don't you?"

"It would certainly become more interesting," June nodded. "It gets rather boring to patrol the halls."

"I'll pretend not to have heard that."

Juniper grinned as she glanced out of the window. The full moon was shining its light on the lake, making it lit up.

"The moon is bright tonight," Cedric noticed, standing beside her.

June hummed while casting a glance over the grounds. "Everything seems quiet during the night. It's rather calming."

"Yeah," Cedric agreed. "It is."

☆ ☆ ☆

Oliver managed to find her the next morning at breakfast. June was drinking hot chocolate, trying to fight the sleep since last night had been rather late. Both Angelina and Alicia had already woken up before her.

"Goodmorning," he said, sliding into the seat in front of her.

"Morning," June replied, putting her knife onto her plate.

For a moment, neither one of them spoke. June was nervous and hoped with all her heart that Angelina and Alicia had been wrong and he didn't have a crush on her because she hated to disappoint him.