pt 20

Vote now for clear skin ✨

Warning: STRONG LANGUAGE

Y/N's POV

I was torn out of Loki's arm by a strong grip on my shoulder. Gasping, I fell backwards and saw Clint standing tall and angry, standing way too close to Loki with his hand on his bow.

"Tell me why you were touching my mate, icicle, before I shoot you through the eyes," Clint seethed. 

Everyone was awake by now and Bucky turned on the light. Confusion was evident when they spotted Clint glaring down Loki, and then happiness/relief flooded through when they spotted me. 

"Baby, you're back!" Peter smiled and ran over to me, hugging me tightly. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his torso. Pietro who must've been in deep sleep just walked over groggily and pulled me out of Peter's hug and into his own strong arms. He gripped onto me like he never wanted to let go. I sighed and closed my eyes, savoring this feeling of safety. 

Loki's soothing, yet scary deep voice pulled me back into reality.

"Please step away from me, Barton. I don't want our mate to experience the death of another one of her mates," Loki said, lowly and calm. I pulled away from Pietro, despite his protesting, and watched Loki smirk at a wide-eyed Clint. 

"Our mate? What the hell are you talking about?" Clint demanded, taking a step back.

I walked forward and placed my arm gently on Clint's shoulder, making him flinch in surprise.

"Clint...Loki is my 10th mate. His magic prevented me from knowing of the tattoo," I said, shooting a frown at Loki. He shrugged, indifferent.

Bruce who had a strange look on his face spoke up, "You mean to tell me, you didn't know Loki was your mate because you didn't know you had 10 tattoos?"

I nodded, feeling quite foolish. "In my defence, Loki used his magic to hide it from my view," I said, glaring at the prince. 

Steve stepped forward so he was next to Natasha, "Is this true, Loki?"

Sighing, Loki dropped his head slightly, "I knew of my soulmate being from misgard, and I assumed they would be weak. They would hold me back from my true potential. So, I asked mother to give me her spell book and found a spell that could hide tattoos and other markings on the human body. I casted it towards Y/N when she was just born."

"So how did she find out?" Bucky asked.

"When I showed up and saw Loki. He said his first words, making my neck burn. I realized it was the same feeling as when I figured out you guys were my soulmates. Then I confronted him, scared him to death," I smirked at Loki and he rolled his eyes, "and he admitted it."

"Hold on just a second," Pietro growled, "Y/N. He hid all this from you, and you just accept him? With open arms? After god-knows-how-long?"

Now I've heard that Loki is the master of disguises so I could not read his face as Pietro said this. But I felt shame shoot up my neck and I knew Loki felt guilty and he regretted it. He looked at me, doubtful. Knowing this, I smiled, "Yes, I accept him."

I saw Loki's eyes light up and Thor wrapped his meaty arm around Loki's significantly smaller shoulders.
"I had no idea Lady Y/N was your soulmate, after all, I thought you were soulmateless. Destined to be forever alone in an abyss of darkness," Thor boomed, laughing as if he told the best joke ever.

Thor slowly stopped chuckling and silence filled the room awkwardly. I stifled a snort and Loki slumped over, shaking his head.

"Was it something I said?"